Night owls

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Who’s got a messed up sleep schedule?

I’m a victim, too many years making newspapers..

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
The older I get the less sleep I need , I'm down to 5-6 hours when I'm not real physically active and I feel good, any more or any less than that and I feel tired all day.

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I can relate to that, I’m a 6 hour guy… sorry lady it isn’t what you think.:LOL:

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It’s a lonely life being a night owl, you better be comfortable in your own skin..

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can relate to that, I’m a 6 hour guy… sorry lady it isn’t what you think.:LOL:
I know you won't believe it but only getting an avg of 6 hours of sleep in 24 hours is shortening your overall health. Lots of scientific studies done on the overall effects of sleep deprivation and what it does to our bodies. I'm not encouraging you to seek any types of sleep aids perse but looking for changing ones overall habits that may be contributing to your lack of sleep. Perhaps seeking advice from a medical provider or if you are like me you find information on the interwide web on articles that provide you with examples or techniques to gain more sleep. Don't shoot the messenger I am only pointing out my concerns and wish you to stay on earth for many more years then if you continued at your current situation.

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I know you won't believe it but only getting an avg of 6 hours of sleep in 24 hours is shortening your overall health. Lots of scientific studies done on the overall effects of sleep deprivation and what it does to our bodies. I'm not encouraging you to seek any types of sleep aids perse but looking for changing ones overall habits that may be contributing to your lack of sleep. Perhaps seeking advice from a medical provider or if you are like me you find information on the interwide web on articles that provide you with examples or techniques to gain more sleep. Don't shoot the messenger I am only pointing out my concerns and wish you to stay on earth for many more years then if you continued at your current situation.
I got 7 good hours of sleep today, make my Friday cameo at work then off to my watering hole this afternoon. I appreciate the concern.

Last edited:

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Im guilty,super lite sleeper,started with my last two dogs having seizures at night,i slept in the living room with them so when the time came,they would spaz out and sometimes try running away from the episode and boom run into living room wall so i would wake up and hold them down so they wouldn't pile up hurt,still on the lite sleep schedule, lately ive been eating cbd gummies for sleep and pain in my old body,cbd/thc lights out stage 4 relm stage,gotta be dark and cool to turn the mind off to snooze

Melatonin is a natural sleep aid just don't over do it .5mgs max.

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't have an issue getting to sleep or staying asleep. My sleep schedule has everything to do with work, one good thing is I don't wake to an alarm I get up natural, have for many years.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Same here ^^^ built in alarm clock most days 5-6am ( pups go outside schedule)
Then when least expecting it,"wideawake" at 3am,pisses me off,ruins the day feeling groggy all day.

Eatsleeptrap

★★★★ Legendary Member
Only during winter. Short days completely screw up my system. Five or six hours is a great night. Weekends when I don't have an alarm, I stay up until 4 or 5AM and sleep for about 3 hours. It sucks out here on the prairie when there is under 8 hours of daylight.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't sleep worth a crap.
30 yrs of getting up at 5:15 for work and basically same thing in retirement. Hate it:mad:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm nocturnal. I sleep best with daylight in the room. Major source of stress when I have any sort of morning obligation. Slept many a time from 11 to 2 on the ground against an oak on a "Hot Seat".

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
complete opposite here , I sleep like a rock , get up once a night to P I average at least 9 in the winter sometimes more if its blizzarding . Everyone told me once I retired it would change , it did not . The only draw back to it is early morning fishing and hunting which I do and love and have to set an alarm and have coffee

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Worked shift work for 30 years. The transition was easy. I don't get out of the fart sack until 8:00 am.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 260
  • This month: 221
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76