Vikings - Latavius Murry

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
ya im not overly impressed with the vikes off season so far this year, AP leaving we all knew would come and it still hasnt yet, letting CP go for pennies on the dollar to the raiders wasnt the best deal for us either the guy is a freak and could have turned into an offense weapon for us, why not keep him on the roster for a million bucks like he got from the raiders, then they go and spend big money on two offense linemen who as far as i can tell have shown they can be starters in the league but other than that havent really sparked and arent worth that much money... captain is gone which i figured would happen but was hoping they would hold on to him Asiata is still on the team taking up space no first round pick... i dunno. im nervous for next year and this off season isnt helping with that so far.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of questions on Rick's moves and his lack or misses on drafting any OL for years is costing the Vikes. They have been stuck paying way to much for average OL in free agency.

Even last offseason when the OL was a known issue, look at what they did, only spent a 4th rd pick on Beavers and missed on him bad. Now lacking a 1st round pick they probably realize it will be difficult to find a linemen who will be ready to become an immediate starter.

Its hard to imagine Murray having the same success he did in Oakland (top 5 OL in league) behind the Vikes OL.

You have to wonder if ownership and management realize they have some years to rebuild before they realistically have a chance at making any deep playoff run.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who gets to wear #28 if AP stays with the Vikes?

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good luck with Datone Jones on the defensive side of the call. He was a 1st round flop for us Packer fans. It may be possible that your Defensive Coordinator can bring some development to him, because Capers 3-4 defense sucks! Anyone remember when the Packers ran 4-3 defense that was tough and we saw Aaron Kampman become a Pro Bowler with the talent around him. Packers kicked him loose to and he went to a $hitty defense in Jacksonville and his career ended 2 years later.

Lots of switching going on in the NFC North, but the Vikings seem to be taking quite the hit on both sides of the ball. Doesn't help when a players dad Tweets players leaving Minnesota due to "toxic environment". The Norv Turner thing still makes me wonder.....WHY? Anyways, 5 months until camp opens up besides off season OTA's.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good luck with Datone Jones on the defensive side of the call. He was a 1st round flop for us Packer fans. It may be possible that your Defensive Coordinator can bring some development to him, because Capers 3-4 defense sucks! Anyone remember when the Packers ran 4-3 defense that was tough and we saw Aaron Kampman become a Pro Bowler with the talent around him. Packers kicked him loose to and he went to a $hitty defense in Jacksonville and his career ended 2 years later.

Lots of switching going on in the NFC North, but the Vikings seem to be taking quite the hit on both sides of the ball. Doesn't help when a players dad Tweets players leaving Minnesota due to "toxic environment". The Norv Turner thing still makes me wonder.....WHY? Anyways, 5 months until camp opens up besides off season OTA's.

greenbay losing TJ Lang and Micah Hyde hurts. Not sure why they didnt sign lang for sure. they have the money

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
greenbay losing TJ Lang and Micah Hyde hurts. Not sure why they didnt sign lang for sure. they have the money

I agree! Sounds like the money wasn't even close on TJ Lang. Hyde picked it up at late in the year. I think they let Crockett go because of his year long ankle injury last year. It must have been a significant injury to be out like that all year. Would have been nice to see him play there. But there are so many one year wonders in the NFL! Sustainability of ones health is critical.

Nice to see Thielen get a nice restructured contract!

GO PACK GO! Sorry, I suppose I should say something in relation to my screen name........ FISH ON! #$%^&>

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lang's hip and other injuries are just a matter of time before he is done. It is better to cut someone a year before they should be than a year too late. He wanted too much money to stay. They will be OK but might take a year or so to work out the bugs.
Going to miss him as he was an all around good guy.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree! Sounds like the money wasn't even close on TJ Lang. Hyde picked it up at late in the year. I think they let Crockett go because of his year long ankle injury last year. It must have been a significant injury to be out like that all year. Would have been nice to see him play there. But there are so many one year wonders in the NFL! Sustainability of ones health is critical.

Nice to see Thielen get a nice restructured contract!

GO PACK GO! Sorry, I suppose I should say something in relation to my screen name........ FISH ON! #$%^&>
I was told Crockett's injury was his shoulder that was giving him all the problems.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lang's hip and other injuries are just a matter of time before he is done. It is better to cut someone a year before they should be than a year too late. He wanted too much money to stay. They will be OK but might take a year or so to work out the bugs.
Going to miss him as he was an all around good guy.

- - - Updated - - -

I was told Crockett's injury was his shoulder that was giving him all the problems.

I just wish they would makes some moves and get aggressive for once. Rodgers only has so many years in him and they are wasting it with sub par talent around him imo. That defense has been pathetic for years.

The packers offensive playbook reads as follows - 1.Run pathetically ordinary pass routes, out of predictable sets. Wait for play to breakdown and hope Rodgers makes a ridiculous completion. 2. repeat #1

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
- - - Updated - - -

I was told Crockett's injury was his shoulder that was giving him all the problems.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for correcting me...yes, his shoulder was the issue. Still upset for not getting a steak and romance from the Mrs. during the recent holiday. Must be the affect from HSC! ;:;rofl

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well said, Wags, and so true. Why can't the coordinators and play callers see this? Damned frustrating.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Defense for the Pack won't change until Capers is gone. I don't know how long they can hang on to a guy that his D ranks at the bottom third year after year. If the team was privately owned he would have been long gone!

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Defense for the Pack won't change until Capers is gone. I don't know how long they can hang on to a guy that his D ranks at the bottom third year after year. If the team was privately owned he would have been long gone!

capers is probably too damn smart for his own good. always trying to get cute with formations and who's playing where.... they end up getting scorched. Woodson was the only player to thrive under capers, only because he could literally do everything.

- - - Updated - - -

and effing "prevent defense" fock. how is that a thing still? the only thing it does is prevent you from winning.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
now they can take the money that was going to go to AP and get a damn offensive line

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thus far I have been quite underwhelmed by the Viking moves. The o-line was going to be a problem to solve, and this may have very well been the best they could do without giving up significant draft picks and salary cap.

But I am quite perplexed by the lack of action on both Munnerlyn and Patterson. Munnerlyn has been nothing but solid his entire career, and Patterson seemed to have just finally worked his way onto the field in a meaningful way with the offense this year. Plus his special teams efforts and the money to keep him seemed like pocket change.

I, for one, will be glad if Peterson isn't back. Off the field issues aside, he hasn't been able to stay healthy for a few years already. Always dinged up even when he did play.

The Datone Jones signing is interesting. He has underperformed since being a first round pick, and his experience with Kendricks and Barr should make chemistry a slam dunk or he would have avoided the Vikes if he had personality issues with them. So I have hope he will do better for the Vikes than he did for the Pack.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I too am glad to see Peterson and the Vikes part ways now instead of later. I'm also tired of the injuries and off field troubles.....but I had to remind myself of the good times. He was a freak of nature - made grown men look like children. Excuse the music in the video, I didn't pick it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63cE8bgxOl4

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha, every time I was about to stop that video he was abusing Green Bay, so I watched it to the end.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31