Weather Expert - La Nina`

Nean Delson

Don't you dare question my expertise on weather and climate.

I am the weather know it all. Among other things, as you all know by now.

Allen and Tim, this means you!

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
First time I've saw the wolly buggers look like this in the fall, What does that mean Nean ? Anyone else seeing this or are they just like this in the hills ?

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The grass is still growing like a weed here in the central part of the state which means something... im not sure what but it means something... just sayin

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davy, in all seriouness i asked an elderly women today. small town ND lady, just fun to BS with what that means. and she specifically said when you see lots of them things crawling around its gonna be a bad winter. she then proceded to tell me the skins were thick on the tomatoes this year and that also means a bad winter..........just reporting facts i have no idea how nean delson would agree or not.

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nean, starting to think you have one of those secret 7th grade crushes on Dean. Like a teenage boy saying a girl is "icky", but then all he does is talk about her all of the time and its clear there is an infatuation.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davy, in all seriouness i asked an elderly women today. small town ND lady, just fun to BS with what that means. and she specifically said when you see lots of them things crawling around its gonna be a bad winter. she then proceded to tell me the skins were thick on the tomatoes this year and that also means a bad winter..........just reporting facts i have no idea how nean delson would agree or not.

Wouldn't it be funny if a caterpillar and a tomato are better at making forecasts then the weather service!

Last edited:

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
time will tell- though if the roma tomato is correct this one year that's a pretty small sample size to go off eh?!?!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope for some snow in november for deer and then again in april right before the thaw.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
All fruit bearing trees were fuller than I can remember this year too, apples, apricots, plums, chokecherries, crab apples ect. All supposed tell tales of bad up coming winter too.
We are long over due for a normal winter which after the last 4-5 winters a "Normal" winter will seem like the worst ever.
Never seen so many spiders either, do not know what that means but sumbeech are they thick this year and most finding their way into my house.;:;banghead

I also noticed the Robbins disappeared a bit earlier than usual this fall, most always have robins in my yard until the first snow but have not seen one around my yard for a couple weeks or more already.

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Calipers are pretty useful, but maybe ain't the best tool for this job.
Touche ....some day my Samsung El Cheapo tablet will learn English! Should just turn it off i spend half my time correcting the autocorrect.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Turns out I have 2 Pear trees in my yard, they each produced about a dozen tiny little pears.
Means it will be a wicked bitch of a year.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Turns out I have 2 Pear trees in my yard, they each produced about a dozen tiny little pears.
Means it will be a wicked bitch of a year.

Yes things could get nuttier too

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
fruit trees and caterpillars can't predict the titty sprinkling weather any better than you and i let alone the NWS. silly tales from old women...

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
Wouldn't it be funny if a caterpillar and a tomato are better at making forecasts then the weather service!

What's funny is the way Ur starting to agree with a few things instead of rerouting the facts or simply just giving Ur answer with 100 percent certainty Ur never wrong. Too funny

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 78
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31