What will you focus on this open water season?

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Same thing I say every spring...fish more cranks and jigging raps...but somehow it never happens!

onpoint!

Established Member
would like to pull cranks and use the driftsocks in more situations to gain comfort. will try extending into night fishing some, too.

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
To me it seems like everyone is against BB fishing. Why is this. It's a proven system on the Missouri River and produces fish every year. I fish sak on a weekly basis. And have cough fish many different ways and BB fishing is as fun as any. IMO

nothin better than pulling bottom bouncers and filling the live well. Keep it simple

hoytslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I continue to struggle with them. I am currently down in the battle - probably lost six but caught none.

Smashing commercial success for the industry though - most likely to lose lure on planet earth IMO.

keep after it, hands down the most fun style of walleye fishing you can do once you figure it out.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's a new bridge across the Sheyenne with added rip rap that NEEDS scoping out. It has 3, count'em, 3 new feeding channels and a new deep run that is teasing me. Then I'm going to target channel cats on the Sheyenne. I've caught a fair number of smaller fish on jigs, but I can't help but think there has to be some double digit specimens out there that would like some cut bait and a circle hook.

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Berkeley snap jig. To exclusively fish this bait. I’ll save a bunch of money not loosing jigging raps! Also way lighter so shallow waters will be the target with them. Put on any plastic and fish!

Attachments

561D126A-701C-4CC8-9F20-3CD04E43D6EA.jpg

Journey

Founding Member
Founding Member
To get out to FtPeck. Pig walleyes or lake trout

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Berkeley snap jig. To exclusively fish this bait. I’ll save a bunch of money not loosing jigging raps! Also way lighter so shallow waters will be the target with them. Put on any plastic and fish!

Whoa dam lure makers keep catching me now I gotta get some of these #$%^&>

- - - Updated - - -

Price?

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
just want to find 3 spots on devils where i can go in the wind and catch 14 to 16"ers every time...

coordinates welcomed...

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
With my recent move and the total of fishing 1.5 days last summer. I am just hoping to find some bodies of water in NE SD that have fish. It's a total learning year for me.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Catch a tarpon.

- - - Updated - - -

And a tuna.

I have hooked up 9 Tarpon and almost landed one from a dock on vacation a couple years ago. I want to take a trip to target them within the next two years. Take your heart meds if there's a chance of a problem. They are an incredible fish.

Last edited:

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have hooked up 9 Tarpon and almost landed one from a dock on vacation a couple years ago. I want to take a trip to target them within the next two years.

I’ll be heading back to the keys next year. Hooked up with one 5 years ago and it gets in your blood. Never landed it but it’s an exciting type of fishing for sure. Hoping to make a day of it in the backcountry and find some reds or snook also. Might take a day out on the ocean to chase sails as well

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Staying home until the fish are bitting, fishermen can't keep a secret

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46