Archery Opener

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep its tomorrow..... haven't figured out why there isn't more chatter. Have seen anyone pulling trail cam pics. I don't have a buck I am after, yet still jacked to get the opportunity to sit in a stand.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going goose hunting in the morning. I might sit in the stand in the evening but it's going to be hot and windy. So I might stay home and drink beer.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm headed out to the promised land tomorrow after work. Holding out for a big one this year, or the first mulie with horns that's within 40 yards. Don't have the time to be picky this year.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Landowner friend texted me that there is a bachelor group of nine big mule deer bucks hanging out...but first, we gotta work cows. Gonna be a good weekend.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
This site is lacking on the photos. I don't know what it is. Hopefully pics start coming when hunting gets rolling.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
This site is lacking on the photos. I don't know what it is. Hopefully pics start coming when hunting gets rolling.

Agree I miss looking at pictures of big deer. I don't run any cameras don't have the time and I like to hunt blind when going in to the stand.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member

I agree, tho I don't miss 100 photos uploaded of some dudes trail cam with the same 97 does 2 button bucks and 1 120" deer that he named "the g3 buck"

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like a jerk now. Sorry :(

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the format of just two on the side hurts a little. Used to be the first thing I looked at on the other site; made sure I always paged back to find the last photo I had seen. Funny thing is, now you can take a peak and the same photos are there a week later.

Founding Member
Founding Member
This was a hell of a summer for antler growth, I think you'll be surprised what has and what gets tipped over this year across the state.
But for some reason the doe/ fawn and deer population in general hasn't rebounded near as fast as I thought it would with the low tag numbers and mild winters. But it is in the right direction thats for sure! Good luck to you all this weekend, it should be pretty special with this cold front moving in!

hoytslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
working for the weekend, benefits of shift work I guess. oh well, plan on hittin it hard during the week though!
as for the photo topic since were on it, I think photo activity would be better if I didn't have to click on individual categories for photos and could just view all of them together ya know? but I do like the fact that they are large and I can just scroll down the page to view them.
just my suggestion.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't put cameras out this year, for fear of losing even more of them to theft. Also just found out that my favorite piece of property sold a few weeks back. Bad start to the season.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
This was a hell of a summer for antler growth, I think you'll be surprised what has and what gets tipped over this year across the state.
But for some reason the doe/ fawn and deer population in general hasn't rebounded near as fast as I thought it would with the low tag numbers and mild winters. But it is in the right direction thats for sure! Good luck to you all this weekend, it should be pretty special with this cold front moving in!

The doe and fawn numbers are much better this year then I have seen in a long time. The coyote pup numbers are very high also. There are way to many coyotes to see a big deer rebound.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking forward to this weekend sounds like big wind and rain one of the days, love to sneak up on them.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it cools off after the rain storm this afternoon, I'm headed to the stand. If it's 90, I'm sitting in the garage monkeying around with the boat.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll probably just sit and watch. Not in a big hurry to fill the tag this year. Will be heading out west next weekend for the week. If the tag isn't filled then, I'll hit it hard.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was hoping to hit sak for some more eyes but the weat her doesn't seem to be the best for fishing this weekend. I'll probably be taking the boy to sit in the blind as soon as he gets out of school today.

As far as pics I think being down at the bottom I never see them when using my phone. I've posted a few picks from my phone but it isn't that easy and once I put somthing off a little it'll never happen.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hit List-edit.jpg

I'm going after one of these boys tomorrow morning!!

- - - Updated - - -

Hit List #5.jpgHit List #4.jpg Or one of these

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
H82bogey,

thank you. I haven't seen same as anything beyond a basket 4x4. These are the 2 best I have seen at my place so far. I am starting to expand out. My inlaws have some land up North. Figured out that with a wedding tomorrow night, I can go to the inlaws and make a morning sit. That will be about the extent of my hunting for the next week probably. Will hang a couple cameras at their place to see what they have. Shot my biggest buck up there 4 or 5 years ago.Hopes are too high right now.

EK000024 (2).jpg

rifle buck from the inlaws place
IMG_20140715_232520_327.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 93