I'm so pissed of right now I don't even like myself................

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Life rocked my world with a wicked curve ball today that sent me into a level of pissed off Mr. Webster hasn't been able to define yet. I'd normally go fishing right now, but that is not an option. Other than MASSIVE adult beverage consumption, what do you guys do to maintain sanity in an insane world???????

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Time with the dog, or my grandkids. Puts thing back into the simple realm, reminds you of the important part of this simple life.
deep breath, long walk, old pictures. Maybe a call to a great friend.
If that shit don't work a strong cocktail and a cheap cigar.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go shoot my bow or guns. Although it is a little late for that so i find some mind numbing game to play on the puter.

Sometimes just chatting with a buddy is all a person needs too.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Dream of retirement, or consider what I would do if i won the lottery.
Sort of a double whammy at times, as reality double slaps me post day-dream ...

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fish or hunt
Cant replace the calm this gives the soul.
If I cant get away for that a good comedy movie helps.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's up?

Total change in what was promised to what is being implemented. Let's say you took a job and were promised X would happen and then after 5 years policy changes that would make X not possible and you have 2 choices. Either sit and suck on it or shitcan the 5 years and find other options.

That's what's up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not mad at you wormy. Thanks for asking. Just fire engine red with no defensible options but to sit and take it or destroy 5 years of effort.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Tough call. Sorry to hear about the news KDM. I hope it works out well for you, somehow.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Upon cogitation of previous conversations I'm really hoping this isn't a situation that's going to require a Prius as that'd be a 2nd kick to already sore and swollen gonads. Prius piloting is soul-crushing.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Upon cogitation of previous conversations I'm really hoping this isn't a situation that's going to require a Prius as that'd be a 2nd kick to already sore and swollen gonads. Prius piloting is soul-crushing.

Involving the non-voluntary use of a Prius might actually put me on a suicide watch!!!! Into every life a little rain must fall I guess. It's just not an enjoyable experience to watch 5 years of effort go down the drain. SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to hear about the switch in policy. It's amazing what a few people can decide without considering how it effects people.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
That sux, I had a similar thing happen @ a job I worked at many years ago, was hired with the understanding / promise I was going to move into a different position shortly after I was hired, come to find out a couple others were hired with the same promise, took way longer for the opportunity to come up and it was filled with another of the "Good Ol boys" from within the company who sucked his way into it. Boss was taken back when we all called him out on his promise, he took the spineless way out and avoided issue as much as possible the and denied the promise.

I and one other took a job at another company shortly after that.

Someone else will benefit from your added experience. Good thing ND is the land of opportunity. make it work to your benefit.

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
The company I where I worked for almost 30 years had an employee handbook. Of course the preface stated they could change policies any time without prior notification. That's as far as I read the handbook.
What you experienced isn't rare.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just remember as one door closes another one opens. Personally I try my best to keep a positive attitude as hard as it can be. Seems like we get tunnel vision when something happens and we need to take a step back and re evaluate. I have learned that in life there is only one thing you can count on "change". I either need to make it a positive change or get left behind. Wish you the best kdm!

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can also relate. I was in a job for quite a few years and at about year 10 I was starting to get groomed for the boss's retirement. Well about a year before that retirement the company went through changes at 6 levels of management and with about 9 months to go until my "promotion" would have taken place they started making changes for the sake of making changes and it was very clear very fast that my time with the company was over and 5 years of grooming and preparing wasted and I walked.

I can off this. So far that was one of the best life decisions I have made in quite some time. To make a huge change and not sit and stew in my own misery. I hope everything works out for you.

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to hear it. Head high, chest out, and you will prevail! If I can be of any help let me know. Always sucks to see someone down!

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would stay away from the alcohol. Do anything to keep busy. Tie flies, re-load, change the oil in your truck, pick up rocks...just anything to keep your mind busy. It's not good to sit and talk too much about things.Something will come up. I've had to change careers two times so far in my life and I feel like I'm going to be doing it again soon. Build off the positive and learn from the negative...keep your head up man.

Oh and don't stop living, do what you need to do to go fishing. Sorry to hear about the hard times and good luck.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
For everything bad Something good comes out of it. Takes a while sometimes but you'll see .

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 178
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84