Glenn Fry, Eagles Guitarist Dead at 67.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow, he was in great shape and full of life!

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not very good health for a while.

CNN)Glenn Frey, a founding member of the rock band the Eagles, has died at 67, a publicist for the band has confirmed."Glenn fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis and pneumonia," reads a post on the band's official website.

Frey had been suffering from intestinal issues, which caused the postponement of the band's inclusion in the 2015 Kennedy Center Honors.
Frey and the other original members of the Eagles — Don Henley, Randy Meisner and Bernie Leadon -- came together to form singer Linda Ronstadt's backup band in the early 1970s.
They were all experienced musicians who forged a laid-back, country-tinged sound that the Eagles would eventually make famous.
"We are all in a state of shock, disbelief and profound sorrow," Henley said in a statement Monday. "I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet.
"It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it," Henley added. "But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some."
Musicians of all stripes, from Carole King to Huey Lewis to Travis Tritt, posted tributes to Frey on Twitter.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Prolly not enough geetar for 7 but he'll get over it.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had the pleasure of seeing the eagles in concert last summer. great show!

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got the double disc set "the best of the Eagles". Got a long road trip to KC.
I really liked it when Joe Walsh joined them. And their songs in the old Miami Vice TV show.

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got the double disc set "the best of the Eagles". Got a long road trip to KC.
I really liked it when Joe Walsh joined them. And their songs in the old Miami Vice TV show.

Glenn Fry did the Miami Vice stuff on his own, no Eagles.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 163
  • This month: 141
  • This month: 131
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80