Well this is going to get interesting

TripleSK

Established Member
Everyone blames the tribe completely for this, but they don’t point blame at Dalrymple or Kirshmeier who are the ones who put in the road blocks, and asked for outside resources that costed the state. They all could’ve handled it better by both state and tribe, but the tribe has every right to oppose something that can affect their daily life; and that’s the same right as Bismarck/Mandan for not wanting it to cross N of town. This is just my thinking, but if it wasn’t a big deal for everyone else, why didn’t you agree to put it N of town?

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Everyone blames the tribe completely for this, but they don’t point blame at Dalrymple or Kirshmeier who are the ones who put in the road blocks, and asked for outside resources that costed the state. They all could’ve handled it better by both state and tribe, but the tribe has every right to oppose something that can affect their daily life; and that’s the same right as Bismarck/Mandan for not wanting it to cross N of town. This is just my thinking, but if it wasn’t a big deal for everyone else, why didn’t you agree to put it N of town?

Excuse me, but WHAT? Did you actually look into ANY of this at all, the series of events, the tribes complete refusal to meet with the Corps before hand and so on and so forth? And you're gonna say it was the State and local official's fault for calling in additional resources?

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member

You might want to sit down and read up on this thread to see if everyone is blaming the tribe completely. Just like KurtR I would like to know how this pipeline affects the residents daily lives, does it hinder them from performing a job or providing for family even still today?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you explain why this route was not correct at all? Can you explain why it should be where you think it should be?

- - - Updated - - -

All one needs to do is go back 2-3 pages and see that no everyone 100% blames the tribe.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does the tribe have to live on a reservation?
is it like a prison? Or are native Americans able to live wherever they want?

i only ask, because when I have issues with a neighbor I move.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nope, can't move and can't even begin to comprehend how to end a cycle of poverty and poor decisions. Free college is way to hard.
If you're white, believe it or not, its your fault. Locked into what they were born into forever.....forever....
download.jpg

TripleSK

Established Member
Read it all, and it doesn’t make sense to not know the affects of it daily. Although it doesn’t at the moment, who knows when it will but it will.

Its not corrrect because there were other routes, even the before the N of Bismarck route.

But i did for your sake and did see some that did not blame the tribe, but majority did.

- - - Updated - - -

Excuse me, but WHAT? Did you actually look into ANY of this at all, the series of events, the tribes complete refusal to meet with the Corps before hand and so on and so forth? And you're gonna say it was the State and local official's fault for calling in additional resources?

Sure did fella, but they also opposed it in 2014, well before anyone in ND anything about it crossing N of the reservation.

Tell me meelosh, you have one sheriff on Sioux county that handled the whole protest on his own, he didn’t ask for additional resources even though he probably did need them. Then you had Morton county bring in out of state resources along with the national guard. Compare the two and see my point.

- - - Updated - - -

You might want to sit down and read up on this thread to see if everyone is blaming the tribe completely. Just like KurtR I would like to know how this pipeline affects the residents daily lives, does it hinder them from performing a job or providing for family even still today?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you explain why this route was not correct at all? Can you explain why it should be where you think it should be?

- - - Updated - - -

All one needs to do is go back 2-3 pages and see that no everyone 100% blames the tribe.

Read it all, and it doesn’t make sense to not know the affects of it daily. Although it doesn’t at the moment, who knows when it will but it will.

Its not corrrect because there were other routes, even the before the N of Bismarck route.

But i did for your sake and did see some that did not blame the tribe, but majority did.

- - - Updated - - -

Does the tribe have to live on a reservation?
is it like a prison? Or are native Americans able to live wherever they want?

i only ask, because when I have issues with a neighbor I move.

matter in fact it was a prison, it was meant for them to be away for the rest of us. And they can and do live where they want just like you, but as from that last part of your post, I can see that you don’t stand for much if you’re the own who moves if you’re not in the wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, can't move and can't even begin to comprehend how to end a cycle of poverty and poor decisions. Free college is way to hard.
If you're white, believe it or not, its your fault. Locked into what they were born into forever.....forever....
70388036_2431101300289812_969629780930461696_n.jpg

You’re behind on the times buddy, they never received free college education. I have buddies that went to NDSU, BSC, Umary, and they paid for it all by scholarships and on their own. So your comment about free education is completely false.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Do you think the Tribal Chairman, No DAPL Dave, has any fault? Why didn't the SRST attend the meetings in Bismarck about the permit and raise questions. The state and county has no authority to remove the protestors off Federal Corp land. Plus Hiding Heidi didn't come down or even say anything to help the cause and get all of the paid protestors out of North Dakota. Someone who shares a BIG part of the blame is no longer President of the United States. I believe Obummer's visit to Standing rock a couple years before DAPL was a notice of the pipeline and that Obummer administration encouraged that protestors from all over the world will come in for the "good of the cause".

Oh ya...about the north of Bismarck route....do you even realize the refinery has a gas pipeline that runs N of Bismarck. You know...that that flammable stuff that YOUR CAR runs on. Or do you one of those electric Hybrid cars that get the electricity from coal...another fossil fuel. Even your clothes are made out of fossil fuel by products.

You might want to consider sitting this thread out!!! Just saying....you won't get many that follow your views. Hello.....McFly!!!

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The absurdity of your comments is astounding. As the kids say, I can’t even....

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

Sure did fella, but they also opposed it in 2014, well before anyone in ND anything about it crossing N of the reservation.

Tell me meelosh, you have one sheriff on Sioux county that handled the whole protest on his own, he didn’t ask for additional resources even though he probably did need them. Then you had Morton county bring in out of state resources along with the national guard. Compare the two and see my point.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

matter in fact it was a prison, it was meant for them to be away for the rest of us. And they can and do live where they want just like you, but as from that last part of your post, I can see that you don’t stand for much if you’re the own who moves if you’re not in the wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

You’re behind on the times buddy, they never received free college education. I have buddies that went to NDSU, BSC, Umary, and they paid for it all by scholarships and on their own. So your comment about free education is completely false.

where is the intake for the water?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its not correct because there were other routes, even the before the N of Bismarck route.

And remind me again why all those routes were eliminated and the chosen route was used? Racism isn't an answer by the way.

Last edited:

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd like to know when the tribe and water protectors are going to reimburse the citizens of Bismarck for the hauling and disposing of 2.5 million pounds of trash that was removed from the flood plain......... and what about all the poaching of wildlife and cattle that happened, not to mention the harassment of LEO and Guard personel........... now a lawsuit. Cant make this shizz up, and why are the tribes allowed to vote in state elections, but state citizens cant vote in tribe elections?

deactivated

★★ Legendary Member
how would it affect daily life of the tribe?

Good question. The tribe has hunting and fishing rights to the center of the river channel. Something missing from this whole process was spill model data. It was never considered. This was an argument the tribe actually won in court. A cleanup/response plan was also not provided. So the effects down stream are kind of hard to quantify.

- - - Updated - - -

where is the intake for the water?

Where is the spill model data?

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
I for one blame the Standing Rock people 100% for the mess they caused. Once again the white man had to clean up their mess. I HATE the fact that My tax dollars support the tribes. You want to be a sovereign nation, pay your own bills.

deactivated

★★ Legendary Member

Did you read any of the applications? If you did, you would know who was meeting with who.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they are a soviern nation are they required to have a passport to enter the United States? Dumb question, but for the purpose of demonstrating the foolishness of soviern nation. Is that foreign aid they get from the taxpayer?
By the way the native Americans in the dorm room next to me did not pay their own way through college.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
im-a-water-protector.jpg

This is funny ^^^^.

Because I actually am one, unlike people who riot and destroy property when they're "helping".

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did you read any of the applications? If you did, you would know who was meeting with who.
To begin with, DAPL met with SR, which is the 2014 meeting that was mentioned above where they objected to the line. That’s fine. But that really throws a wrench into the whole “we weren’t informed” lie that they led off with. And then with the 7 individual attempts the Corps tried to meet with the tribe, which could have actually done something productive, the tribe either refused or stood up the meeting. Then, with publicly announced PSC meetings, which also could have been productive as demonstrated by the landowners of Morton county getting some of the concessions they wanted from DAPL were taken into consideration and changes made, not a single representative of SR was present. Then the protesters, allied with the tribe, told an unreal amount of lies and spread the bullshit far and wide on Facebook. I lost track of just how many. But yeah. Let’s blame the cops.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
North of Bismarck was the original crossing requested by DAPL. But it wasn't the people of Bismarck/Mandan that blew a nut. The Corp ruled it out immediately for several reasons. One of which there were existing pipelines and other safety concerns. So yes it was considered and the Corp. said nope.

- - - Updated - - -

The bottom line is this was always about money with the tribe. They were offered a nice sum but at the last minute they thought they could hold DAPL hostage and get more out of them. They didn't know DAPL had an alternate route off the res if things fell through. They fell through and all of a sudden it's about water lol. Few are dumb enough to believe that shit.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88