Deer hunting land

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
They don't want to give up the sweet deal they have now
You say you have a doe tag this year. Do you also have a bow tag?

- - - Updated - - -

So who replaces the money with everyone getting two license
This. This hits the nail on the head. Again. 60% or more of the time, an archery tag is a donation to NDGF with no deer harvested. For our herd and for the budget of the agency managing the herd this is a win win. I'd start a poll asking how long have you hunted and how many deer have you killed with bow vs rifle, but I'm going fishing. I'm also going to house my weight in beers to get the taste of this illogical argument out of my mouth. Good day sirs.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't have one without the other and your plan is based purely on personal reasons.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Give more people the opportunity to hunt deer in ND in any given year
Fallacy. You and every single person in the state already has the exact same opportunity to have a tag. Don't know why you guys can't get that through your head.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are right because just the mention of a one tag system has a bunch of guys crying don't take my tag away from me.
Because it works! No matter what you do you will always have someone whining like a damn baby^^^

- - - Updated - - -

Fallacy. You and every single person in the state already has the exact same opportunity to have a tag. Don't know why you guys can't get that through your head.
Why is it hard for you to understand that a one tag system will have more guys with tags because no one will be doubling or trippleing up.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
No it really won't. The archery tags are literally unlimited right now. The only one stopping anyone from having a tag is themselves. You are arguing for equality of outcome. Folly on all levels of government regardless of the idea it is applied to. Stop trying to take something from people that have done nothing to you. The only thing your idea will do is spread misery.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not everyone has the means to pursue archery....

How about buy your bow tag by say June 1st, then during the drawing for gun if you are successful, then you get a dual purpose tag. Archery statewide and gun in designated unit.

Reducing the number of years between tags in order to maintain interest has merit....

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or rifle hunting, or buying a boat, or underwater cave diving. Set your priorities. You guys are arguing against something literally every single person has access to. The amount of archery tags has almost no influence on the number of rifle tags issued. If it did there would be zero rifle tags as archery tags are already unlimited. There isn't a single argument you guys put forward that make any sense for the interest of hunters. If I didn't know any better, I would swear you were HSUS/PETA representatives.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would think rifle hunting is cheaper than bowhunting.

The fact remains, you want two deer in the lucky years that you draw a rifle take and everyone else can pound sand...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would think rifle hunting is cheaper than bowhunting.

The fact remains, you want two deer in the lucky years that you draw a rifle take and everyone else can pound sand...

I bought a used Mathews and 12 arrows with site and rest for 150 dollars add 30 for a release. What I have into the bow won't even touch what the barrel on my rifle costs.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The G&F has to take into consideration the amount of bow tags sold and the success ratio from the previous year when determining rifle tags so to say it has no infulance shows how nieve you are
Or rifle hunting, or buying a boat, or underwater cave diving. Set your priorities. You guys are arguing against something literally every single person has access to. The amount of archery tags has almost no influence on the number of rifle tags issued. If it did there would be zero rifle tags as archery tags are already unlimited. There isn't a single argument you guys put forward that make any sense for the interest of hunters. If I didn't know any better, I would swear you were HSUS/PETA representatives.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a used Mathews and 12 arrows with site and rest for 150 dollars add 30 for a release. What I have into the bow won't even touch what the barrel on my rifle costs.
Shit, I tried to give away a hunting bow once. Not a single taker.

- - - Updated - - -

The G&F has to take into consideration the amount of bow tags sold and the success ratio from the previous year when determining rifle tags so to say it has no infulance shows how nieve you are

For the record it's says "almost" and it always did. You still haven't provided a damn thing that resembles a logical argument. Your entire premise boils down to pettiness. The tags are unlimited. Therefore there influence on rifle tags simply can't be that great. Try to make think of it logically.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shit, I tried to give away a hunting bow once. Not a single taker.

- - - Updated - - -

For the record it's says "almost" and it always did. You still haven't provided a damn thing that resembles a logical argument. Your entire premise boils down to pettiness. The tags are unlimited. Therefore there influence on rifle tags simply can't be that great. Try to make think of it logically.
So you think 9492 deer taken by bow in 2016 is " almost no influence" or "simply can't be that great".

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a long well thought out response but I'm way farther down the rabbit hole than I ever wanted to be. The argument was had a few years ago and the NDGF made the right decision. You can keep being bitter if you like. I won't stop you.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 187
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57