New State record

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not that difficult to bring in a snagged fish with current. Just did a 18# carp with Shimano Symetre 2500 reel, 8# trilene, and 6'6" St. Croix rod the other day.
Not implying by anymeans... LET THE TOPIC GO !
It's not hurting anyone unless you were the previous, and I bet they don't give two shits anyhow.

Carp, sturgeon, suckers, catfish, walleye, etc. I have landed them all snagged in the back and tail with a jig. Not even a question it can be done on a 16+lb eye. Not saying it was, though.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did snag a paddle fish last year with 8lb test, medium action rod and a 1/4 oz jig. Took me 50 minutes, but I did land it. Even snagged closer to the tail as you can see in the pic. My fish was considerably larger than the 16.9lbs in question. It is possible. Lots of guys snag these beasts with walleye tackle.

dirt..jpg
Yeah your fish was larger and you were also in a freaking boat! Try landing a big paddle from shore with a walleye rod and your going to loose 9 times out of 10 most times by locking the spool up before it strips all your line out. Bringing a large snagged fish in from a boat is not even remotely the same as trying to do it from shore. you have much more ability to move with the fish than you do on shore. Now saying you can't snag a 16 pound walleye and actually land it is Ludacris but it's certainly not comparable to snagging a paddlefish in a boat.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did snag a paddle fish last year with 8lb test, medium action rod and a 1/4 oz jig. Took me 50 minutes, but I did land it. Even snagged closer to the tail as you can see in the pic. My fish was considerably larger than the 16.9lbs in question. It is possible. Lots of guys snag these beasts with walleye tackle.

dirt..jpg

So as you can obviously see the blood from the wound where it was snagged in this picture,if that walleye was actually caught in the back there would also be a puncture wound where blood would be coming out. So if there was no evidence of blood common sense tells me there was no hook in that fish back

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speculation is just that....speculation. Were any of you there when it when it was caught? Can you provide first-hand info?

Didn't think so, but had to ask.....

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So he roped it? That even more impressive heeling a fish in the current than being able to pinpoint and execute a precision snag on a fish like snagzilla

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
yep - all the big pig walleyes I have caught eventually wrap themselves up in the line and upon being netted they somehow free themselves

I’m now convinced it’s legitimate and can move on

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going on the third day now and still nothing from the G&F.... hmmmmm

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
this is a smoke screen to take the attention of the no trespass bill. i have plenty of tinfoil if any one else needs any

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 204
  • This month: 171
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58