New State record

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rosenstein says it was already on fire when he laid down on it. It was the Russians

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You know, this guy may very well have snagged it, roped it, hogtied it, or he may very well have caught it legally. At this stage of the game, Is there really any possible way for anyone without firsthand involvement to know how the fish was hooked as it was reeled in? Even if the netter or a witness or the fisherman knows for sure (they may not even know because a lot of stuff happens when a fish is flopping in the net), it’s all down to a case of he-said/she said, right?

For those of you who think that is enough to take this guys fish away, I hope you find yourself on the receiving end of that type of judgement call some day. My biggest question is why does this type of shit get some people so butt-hurt in the first place? It pretty much affects all of us about the same...not at all. Reminds me of how some folks get when someone else shoots a big buck, or even just draws a tag.

No wonder the no-trespassing/anti-hunting law gains a little more steam each time around.

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going on the third day now and still nothing from the G&F.... hmmmmm

From what i read from FB -- volk is looking for eyewitnesses --- some guys seen him reel it in and now to find them. Evidently the netter isnt enough -- GF wants more proof .

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know, this guy may very well have snagged it, roped it, hogtied it, or he may very well have caught it legally. At this stage of the game, Is there really any possible way for anyone without firsthand involvement to know how the fish was hooked as it was reeled in? Even if the netter or a witness or the fisherman knows for sure (they may not even know because a lot of stuff happens when a fish is flopping in the net), it’s all down to a case of he-said/she said, right?

For those of you who think that is enough to take this guys fish away, I hope you find yourself on the receiving end of that type of judgement call some day. My biggest question is why does this type of shit get some people so butt-hurt in the first place? It pretty much affects all of us about the same...not at all. Reminds me of how some folks get when someone else shoots a big buck, or even just draws a tag.

No wonder the no-trespassing/anti-hunting law gains a little more steam each time around.

I'm still not seeing where anyone is saying "take the record away!" based on hearsay. I have seen many say that it should be reviewed because of the previous record-holder and general fairness concerns and there's seemingly legitimate claims it was snagged.

Interesting question for you: Why does this type of shit get you butt-hurt enough to chime in on it again? Including admonishment for certain viewpoints - if it affects you not at all? You have to admit it appears a tad hypocritical. :)

Admit it - it's a fascinating subject - like a blown call at the Superbowl. People like to debate this type of thing. I know Vollmer is enjoying the long thread.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
From what i read from FB -- volk is looking for eyewitnesses --- some guys seen him reel it in and now to find them. Evidently the netter isnt enough -- GF wants more proof .

So the netter is claiming it was a legal catch and if I am not mistaken he is a police officer. I don't think this guy risk his job by lying just to get his buddies name in the record book?

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not hypocritical at all, but if you see it that way that's fine. We are all entitled to our viewpoint.

I'm fascinated that a walleye that big was caught right out my back door. That is crazy. Anything more than that about how things went down...I could care less.

I do get very annoyed (occasionally enough to chime in a few times) at how we call out our fellow outdoor enthusiasts for their accomplishments (getting butt-hurt as I labeled it), be it out of jealousy, skepticism, boredom, ineptitude, or whatever. These are the same folks we then try rallying around us for a cause like opposing SB2315.

That being said - yes, there are definitely limits and reasons to call out other hunters and fisherman for their actions - poaching, trespassing, etc. IMO, this isn't even close. The dude may or may not have unintentionally hooked the fish behind the gill plate to get it in the net.

Not that I needed to clear this up for you but this is my one and only attempt. Carry on.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just laying this out there - but you never have to clear anything up for me again. Please don't go out of your way on my account.

I'd hate to make this discussion thread concept seem like a discussion or some such. :) Carry on.

Last edited:

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
OK I am changing my name to "Swami Sez" since I got Lucky and made this prediction!!!

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have seen a few people on Instagram that said they saw it be caught. No mention of it being snagged. If people were there and saw it brought in snagged they need to publicly come forward and take their own lie detector test.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK I am changing my name to "Swami Sez" since I got Lucky and made this prediction!!!

Carson_C_the_M.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting question for you: Why does this type of shit get you butt-hurt enough to chime in on it again? Including admonishment for certain viewpoints - if it affects you not at all? You have to admit it appears a tad hypocritical.

For me, it's the number of folks who just can't seem to get "Innocent until proven guilty". Lots of speculation and innuendo, nobody saying, "I was there, I saw the fish snagged". There is however the lucky angler and his net man saying, "caught in the lips".

love2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some of you act like there is a million dollar prize that comes along with having your name attached to a state record fish. His name is put into the records for the time being which almost everyone has said it probably won't last long with the amount of big fish out there now so who really cares. If he hooked it on accident or if it bit will never be known so get over it and move on. How about give the guy who is a fellow outdoors man the benefit of the doubt and believe his story. Did he have blue plates or something because that seems to be the only time I see everyone get there panties in a bunch. Nice fish sir, enjoy it and don't listen to all of the self proclaimed detectives.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wait until someone brings in a state record form the Rez. Then we'll see how many people care about how fair it was caught.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wait until someone brings in a state record form the Rez. Then we'll see how many people care about how fair it was caught.

I wonder if there is anything saying a record caught on a set line or in a seine or hoop net doesn't count? The likely hood of a state record existing in waters where any of those are legal is pretty slim though.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
So they’re going to make this guy suffer through the weekend? Just a lowly shore fisherman. How cruel.

Maybe we can get the legislature to pass a bill certifying snagzilla as the state record and o-fish-ial walleye of ND.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

That scenario has already been made the record that lasted for 60 years was caught on spirit lake nation from wood lake.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 46
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 14