dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
daisy pukes.jpg
And You point?

vern

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone from G&F was on the radio in GF earlier this week and was asked about this. He wasn't involved in the investigation but had heard that the fish was checked over and that the thought was the jig was just caught in the net and the video was inconclusive. The guy who was called in was all pissed off about it....lol.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
And your point is a complete sentence! The lacking r and random capitalization should be a dead giveaway of an autocorrect. The point simply being what is showing the state record list have anything to do with this since they haven't updated it yet one way or the other anyways so it tells us nothing.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would think that if the Red was fished harder the state record would come out of there. Think if all the greenbacks that must make it to Drayton on an annual baisis.

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
A lot of those greenbacks get caught in the south basin of lake Winnipeg and upper red river and lots of low teeners and a few mids but I guess ive never heard of one pushing 17 lbs. I could be wrong but I don't think it would come from the Red.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would think that if the Red was fished harder the state record would come out of there. Think if all the greenbacks that must make it to Drayton on an annual baisis.

I agree. I've only shore fished by Drayton but I've seen some nice walleye come out of the Red there. Not state record nice but very nice.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gizzard stock the red and Ahab will show u a record fish

- - - Updated - - -

Imo it's not a record due to stocking of the shad.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

The problem with the Red is it’s hard to catch a prespawn fish with the flooding and dirty water. You get conditions to do it about two times a decade. I’ve fished the living sh** out of Drayton and the like. I’ve got a couple that were 11-12lbs that would have been 13-14 full of eggs. Fall fish just can’t stack up to an egg laden hen. You don’t hear of much for 16’s coming from ‘peg either. It takes a perfect storm.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The problem with the Red is it’s hard to catch a prespawn fish with the flooding and dirty water. You get conditions to do it about two times a decade.

I suppose when you do get a spring that's clear enough to catch fish pre-spawn it's on a year when the flow is a LOT lower and the fish density is a lot lower too?

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suppose when you do get a spring that's clear enough to catch fish pre-spawn it's on a year when the flow is a LOT lower and the fish density is a lot lower too?

Yeah, they are non-runoff years and you don’t get much of a “run”. This year you could try in the slop casting off I29.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
The problem with the Red is it’s hard to catch a prespawn fish with the flooding and dirty water. You get conditions to do it about two times a decade. I’ve fished the living sh** out of Drayton and the like. I’ve got a couple that were 11-12lbs that would have been 13-14 full of eggs. Fall fish just can’t stack up to an egg laden hen. You don’t hear of much for 16’s coming from ‘peg either. It takes a perfect storm.
The state record came out of a dirty river tributary with about 1-3" clarity this year. You just need to wait to hear reports of people snagging/catching sumo walleyes in a small hole below a low head dam, then go out and use expertise to catch a 17lber in the mouth. bada bing state record. make sure you have a buddy net your fish and remove the hook before you see it also......to soon #$%^&>

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
The state record came out of a dirty river tributary with about 1-3" clarity this year. You just need to wait to hear reports of people snagging/catching sumo walleyes in a small hole below a low head dam, then go out and use expertise to catch a 17lber in the mouth. bada bing state record. make sure you have a buddy net your fish and remove the hook before you see it also......to soon #$%^&>

I just went and picked up my 1 ounce weighted treble hooks for next year.

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
with the red being a border water, would a record fish be recognized in both states?

If from shore, depends on which side your on.

If from a boat, depends on which side you launched from.

I have nk idea actually. Good question though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 46
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14