New State record

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t care. Let him keep the fish and the record. No proof that the previous records were mouth hooked. I don’t have a lot of faith in the G&F to make the right call. Why should we trust G&F over the fisherman and his LEO buddy?

;:;popcorn

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
91B1256D-732C-4DAB-A5CC-E428AEFD4AB7.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find this case pretty darn fascinating in any event - I'd like to know what evidence was taken into consideration - but won't lose any sleep not knowing.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t care. Let him keep the fish and the record. No proof that the previous records were mouth hooked. I don’t have a lot of faith in the G&F to make the right call. Why should we trust G&F over the fisherman and his LEO buddy?

This is why I say they must have confessed. Otherwise it’s just he said she said.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nobody knows the whole story, so it’s hard to cast too many stones. I’m guessing the adrenaline rush of that fish may have played into it. Sad in a way, but a rule is a rule.

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member

I almost commented on your post... then I read this "If you're reading this post and find yourself muttering, "he can't be serious", there's a good chance I'm not." on your footer of all our posts. I hope that is the case with your post, because if you caught the legitimate state record before this one, you wouldn't think that.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nobody knows the whole story, so it’s hard to cast too many stones. I’m guessing the adrenaline rush of that fish may have played into it. Sad in a way, but a rule is a rule.

indeed - a younger guywhoisgungho might have succumbed to the temptation as well

v193

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was one that was giving him the benefit of the doubt. I retract all my statements and I feel foolish. Couldn't imagine how I would feel if I snagged a state record fish and took the glory. I hope they have this right. Pretty big shot at a persons character. Next time I will still give the guy the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. TRUMP 2020

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where are all his supporters now? Hey Dean... you there???

Right here! And like I said in earlier post I figured odds were it was snagged but I was going to wait till people who have an actuall way to get the real information would come out and tell us what the whole story was. you know little innocent until proven guilty not jumping to conclusions because of piss-poor online information thing! But I guess if you want to take the #metoo way of looking at things and just automatically assume guilt that's your choice.

Last edited:

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guys like this are why everyone thinks all fisherman are liars :)

I still think that the guy who "caught" the fish may not have even known it was foul hooked. If his net man was a ways away and saw it was foul hooked in the net and popped the hook out quick and didn't tell him it was snagged then the guy who caught it really can't be blamed... for all he knows his netman could have just made up the bit about it being wrapped up in line or something...

Holy shit, did Dean Nelson just invoke the #metoo movement because people doubted the validity of the catch?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 144
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51