No love for goats??

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i love goat hunting going to be able to take the kid out this year he can shoot a doe but it will be fun hunting with him and the sneaking involved.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Listened to Jeb Williams on the radio yesterday. He stated that it is still too early to draw any definite conclusions because they haven't done there mid-summer survey yet but anecdotal reports are giving a positive outlook pronghorn numbers in ND. stated the season may have a chance to expand a couple more units this season. He then re-emphasized its still too early to give an definitive answers. . . had 6 points in last years draw and got shut down. Brother had 1 damn point and got drawn. 7 points should be enough to draw this year eh?

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_0653.jpg

I have a lot of love for goats! This is my first Montana I've take with the rifle. Quick stock and a bang with the 22-250 and the hunt was over.

IMG_0410.jpg

This is my North Dakota antelope from last year. I had scouted plenty and had some other bucks picked out. Come opening day this is the one I found and decided to try and kill. Fending off 3 other hunters in an alfalfa field was a challenge, but I won. I was done 9 minutes into season.

IMG_0444.jpg

This critter made me put in an effort. Shot in the grasslands of South Dakota last year. The antelope spooked and I played the chasing game with him and his does and I didn't give up. Ended up dropping him at 325 yards with the 22-250. He is a great buck for the area I was hunting.

IMG_3001.jpg

This is my 2007 ND antelope. This was shot right along the little Missouri river in some rough country! I had him patterned out pretty good. I would go to water twice a day with his does. I went and sat in some trees along the river and waited for them to water. After a two hour wait him and his 25 does came within 150 yards and I pulled the trigger. This animal holds a lot of great memories and the hunt was not very traditional in antelope country so I enjoy it quote a bit. I drew this tag with zero points. Take it easy on the jokes of what I looked like then with a baby face and at least 50 less pounds please. :)

IMG_3002.jpg

This is the only picture I have of the bucks my dad and I shot in ND in 2006. We both jumped the gun early and had some ground shrinkage. They still made for great memories and nice mounts on a walnut plaque. For those reading, yes you are correct I drew ND antelope tags in back to back years. :)

IMG_3003.jpg

This was a 2010 SD antelope in Butte County. There was so many hunters around opening weekend on this hunt I literally didn't feel safe! There are very few roads and people were congregated and shooting everywhere. I decided after I got off the beaten' path to squeeze one off with the 22-250 and harvest this guy. He is small but my first antelope in SD. Shortly after I killed him I filled my bonus doe antelope tag.

IMG_3004.JPG

Here is a picture of my 2013 Montana archery pronghorn. Not much to it besides a hell of a lucky shot. Taken west of Fairview, MT. Hunting again solo and didn't get many good photo's of this critter. I had hunted him a total of 3 weeks about constant. I maybe took off 2 days during the 3 weeks during rut.

Enjoy, but please share your pics!

I will be adding to the picture escapade this year as I drew a Montana rifle tag.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddy of mine and his friend were down in AZ and tipped over this giant yesterday.

goat gov tag.jpg

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you know about this buck. That's wild. I'm sure that is a tough tough tough tag to draw.

Founding Member
Founding Member
No it was easy, he bought a governors tag :)
Here's one from the side, giant goat but they took one 6 inches bigger this season, nuts! "Grimmett's that is,"
IMG_20150821_000848.jpg

Last edited:

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a SD archery tag, a Standing Rock rifle tag, and just got an email saying I was successful for SD Dewey county rifle. Oh yea! Leaving shortly for a few hours with the bow, after I get a few of the wifes requests done around the house :(

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
355.jpg My brother shot this in Corson Co. SD a few years ago.

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rowdie is that with a SD state tag or reservation tag? I have seen that picture before, that is a nice buck!!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
State, shot on walk-in. I've posted it before. It was either school land or walk-in, but there is a ton of tribal allotments surrounding it. Its was tagged with a state tag. 17" I think

downsized951008111004.jpgHere's a dinky 12" I shot. I was standing & he was running full speed at 100 yds.

With goats I just want to get one and be done. I've shot many 14 a coupe 15, and I can't tell the difference even on the wall. The 16 & bigger stand out...a little.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, that was a SR tag, that's all I ever get.

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mind if I shoot you a PM and ask you a few questions about antelope and SR?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 46
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14