Votes: 46 51.7%
  • TB

Votes: 43 48.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never expected a TB blowout. First half was somewhat entertaining, the 2nd half not so much.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Being an old white guy the half time was no better than the last few.
Anthem show other than a few in the stands was a lot better than what i expected.

Turn to another show when this leader of ours made his comments so not sure how much he screw up.

And a lot of gunsmoke for a few hours this afternoon. db

- - - Updated - - -

At one time did watch a lot of NBA but a few years ago king james ended that for us.
Our NFL watching is now about 20 percent of what it was and this game was the first complete game we watch in some time.
But i did watch. Not as important anymore.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Being an old white guy the half time was no better than the last few.
Anthem show other than a few in the stands was a lot better than what i expected.

Turn to another show when this leader of ours made his comments so not sure how much he screw up.

And a lot of gunsmoke for a few hours this afternoon. db

- - - Updated - - -

At one time did watch a lot of NBA but a few years ago king james ended that for us.
Our NFL watching is now about 20 percent of what it was and this game was the first complete game we watch in some time.
But i did watch. Not as important anymore.

A message from our President. Okay........Jill Biden did OK talking about the value of our front line workers. And then Joe spoke. Wear a mask, social distance, get the vaccine and that's when I walked to the bathroom to take a piss before the game started.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't understand the jist of most of today's tv commercials. I quit watching cartoons 60+ years ago when I started HS. Most of today's commercials seem to be tailored for grade school kids OR adults that still think like grade schoolers! None would ever entice me to buy their products.

[h=1][/h][h=1][/h][h=1]Jazmine Sullivan & Eric Church Sing the National Anthem at Super Bowl LV

The B52 on the right was from Minot AFB.
[/h]

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suspect the standard purchasers of Super Bowl ad time of year's past were the biggest winners today. They likely recognized they were going to be getting something less in the way of exposure than past years. So they donated the money to charity.

In the end, they got mentioned on far more media channels and likely ended up with far more for their money.

I wish I was that smart.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the end, they got mentioned on far more media channels and likely ended up with far more for their money

Well, since I didn't watch it I didn't see how much they got mentioned. Actually did watch the 3rd quarter while we ate supper, so I did see some commercials. I still say that they sucked.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Defense wins championship. I enjoyed watching tb get after them all game

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
A message from our President. Okay........Jill Biden did OK talking about the value of our front line workers. And then Joe spoke. Wear a mask, social distance, get the vaccine and that's when I walked to the bathroom to take a piss before the game started.
Soon as that POS face showed on the screen i turned it IMMEDIATELY, waited, then turned it back, that alone ruined it.....stopping watching the game at the half, didn't even watch the half time show... The NFL is getting worse.....

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm with db....no game,gunsmoke,pellet grill workining overtime in the cold smoking a pork shoulder roast(damn good too) and 4 hrs of the show "the sackets" damn that is a long western show,good show with selleck,sam elliot,glenn ford...

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Haven't watched a lot of NFL this fall but did watch some playoff games and the SB. If you like 42-41 games it wasn't much. If you enjoy good defense then it was a very good game. TB as well-prepared for whatever KC threw at them, or over them, under them and wide of them. I pretty much figured that Brady was going to be named the MVP but it should have gone to TB defense. I'm with db-2 in that I didn't much care for the half-time show but will admit it wasn't bad, just not my type of music. None of the ads made me want to go buy someone's product but quite a few did give me a chuckle. It wasn't the best SB but wasn't bad and no one did anything that I saw to piss me off.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34