Votes: 46 51.7%
  • TB

Votes: 43 48.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was younger I liked the half time shows but my parents usually didn't. I guess now I'm the old dud.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
The best thing is today all the libs are having a melt down.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
No. The wrong team won. Was supposed to be the chiefs, not the white privilege QB.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh I thought they hated the Chiefs too as they have a Native American mascot.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
...no one did anything that I saw to piss me off.

I was certainly not a fan of the shitty rendition of the National Anthem. It wasn't meant to be sung like that. I might be in the minority on that, and if so, you can't give me crap about not liking it.

- - - Updated - - -

And I don't think I've enjoyed a half time show since Janet and Justin went off script.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Allen:
I was watching the half time with Janet but miss the good part. Everything was black with a dark screen so i miss it.
A few years later i seen what i miss and was too old to appreciate it. db

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I just about shit when I thought Eric Church was going to sing the Anthem by himself... I don't think I've seen a white person perform the Anthem all year, let alone a country guy that sums up all that is wrong with America.::: Thankfully, they made it a duet, so everyone was happy.

I'm with Allen on not liking it. I'm not a big fan of "making it your own" when it comes to the Anthem.

And, before anyone gets on me about being surprised a white guy was performing the Anthem, I really don't care who sings it. Just do it respectfully the way it is supposed to be. Just seems like the whole "diversity" thing is being pushed too hard. Seems like we all got along a lot better before we knew we so much about "unity."

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad I missed the game from what'S being said about our anthem and the kneeling bullshit,I did see on FB that the chiefs found extra points yesterday after a recount and the chiefs won SB 55 34/31....

Last edited:

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Personally, I'm not against the differing anthem versions people do. It so represents what our country is all about. It's not about strict conformity. Rather it's about each person being able to show their individuality and freedoms. For some reason everyone wants everything to be their way or the highway and that's the complete opposite of what our country stands for. Sometimes their versions are great and sometimes they really suck! But for me I don't want our country to be a bunch of clones who all have to do everything the same. We're a country that thrives on thinking out of the box. It's that freedom that makes us great IMO. I'm sure many won't agree but that's another thing that also makes this country great. We can agree to disagree. Well, we used to be able to anyways.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
And, before anyone gets on me about being surprised a white guy was performing the Anthem, I really don't care who sings it. Just do it respectfully the way it is supposed to be. Just seems like the whole "diversity" thing is being pushed too hard. Seems like we all got along a lot better before we knew we so much about "unity."

Are you against this version? I'm trying to figure out what you mean by "the way it is supposed to be"

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No, I actually like that. I don't always know what I mean, either, so I wouldn't sweat the fact that you aren't sure what I mean. I just like the anthem to sound like the anthem, vocal or instrumental, without a lot of rhythm/arrangement changes. If the voices in my head can sing along, I'm happy.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, I actually like that. I don't always know what I mean, either, so I wouldn't sweat the fact that you aren't sure what I mean. I just like the anthem to sound like the anthem, vocal or instrumental, without a lot of rhythm/arrangement changes. If the voices in my head can sing along, I'm happy.

That's funny shit right there,I like your honesty" I don't always know what I mean, either,"the start of a new beer commercial,just add "when I do" ....enter beverage name.

So I read this morning the guy that streaked the field(with his close on) laid a vegas bet that someone would streak during the game,he put $50k on it,won $400k,after his fine of $1000 he netted $385k if true not a bad day's work.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's funny shit right there,I like your honesty" I don't always know what I mean, either,"

So I read this morning the guy that streaked the field(with his close on) laid a vegas bet that someone would streak during the game,he put $50k on it,won $400k,after his fine of $1000 he netted $385k if true not a bad day's work.

it’s not they won’t take prop bets that big as they are to east to fix. It’s a good internet story though

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88