Pics of Your Fishing Chariot

Founding Member
Founding Member
082_filtered.jpg
Ran into one of those late fall boat deals I couldn't pass up. Its older but in excellent condition "old folks" and had Yamahas and half the price of allot of newer used ones. :;:cheers

Last edited:

Still_Learnin'

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice looking rig, I like the colors. If you want something to ponder over the winter, look at trading that minnkota off for a motorguide beings you got the HDS graphs. I had similar set up with motor and graphs, switched to MG this year, it works pretty dam slick. With that said, what you've got looks great and I'm sure you'll love it.

I have a friend that did the same thing. He switched to the Motorguide Xi5 from the Terrova and he said he loves it. He said it does everything the Terrova does but better.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a friend that did the same thing. He switched to the Motorguide Xi5 from the Terrova and he said he loves it. He said it does everything the Terrova does but better.

Made the switch to the Xi5 this spring, same results

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks, its hard for me to leave the 30g's area when it comes to boats, gonna see if it catches fish tomorrow! #$%^&>

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice boat 5575! You don't see too many yamahas anymore and it's not right.

As far as everyone suggesting you switch to motor guide, do it!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last time I was on a true bass boat, Pard had a new Motorguide. We nearly got in a fist fight the third time he busted my ass. No shi'ite with the thrust: Holy hell. I think he got pissed about my bitching about the noise which was tremendous IMHO. This was in '94; the day I stopped fishing with the jackass.

Did catch a lot of LM that day. Hooked a hawg muskie on a jig/pork frog which I hope is still trying to shake it free from it's yap: Quite the surprise when flipping trees.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've probably owned 10 or so Yamahas and not one single problem with any of them dirty.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
All the new outboards seem to be alright but I just never hear of many problems with yamahas. I don't like how almost all the dealers throw mercurys on now days. I do see more Yamaha vmax's though. My friend is selling his 620 with yamahas and I'd be lying if I didn't try to pencil out the numbers a time or twelve.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did have problems with my last Yamaha. I had a starter with dead spots in it. Left me on the shore once and left me out on the water a couple times. I'm kinda excited about trying a Mercury. A 5 year warranty on this motor is nice to have as well.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
How much tinkering was done on that yammie, sub?

There was a bad starter in it. I bought a new one from Yamaha for a premium and it was bad too. I didn't really want to dig way into it, but after I HAD to (because to new starter cost so much) I found out the first one had bad brushes and a bad armature. The second one had a bad solenoid that engages the bendix gear. Ended up putting the two together and it seemed to work, but I sold the boat so I never ran it long enough to verify.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember my dads old evinrude. The cowling was off more times than it was on. Friggen solenoid would never engage.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember my dads old evinrude. The cowling was off more times than it was on. Friggen solenoid would never engage.

LOL we had an old Evinrude that had solenoid problems too. Al you have to do is turn the key on and jumb across it with a pair of pliers. I bet we started that motor for two summers like that HA.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I won a one person inflatable kayak this summer so that is my newest fishing chariot. I will post a pic of it next time I inflate it.:;:cheers
You guys have some swell and neat rigs that's for sure!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought it from Menards. I am working on a nylon strap and snap system I want to put on instead. Haven't gotten far on it because I have so many other irons in the fire right now.

I freaking hate snaps/straps on boats due to my snap on boat cover. Might I suggest Velcro? You can get a Velcro piece of industrial strength tape that will fit on the back side of the left console glass trim, and affix a Velcro strap to the swinging glass.

Your guy's convo got me to thinking how to do this better than the big clamps.

Signed,

Fellow clamp owner

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice boat 5575! You don't see too many yamahas anymore and it's not right.

As far as everyone suggesting you switch to motor guide, do it!

You sure do on the coastal boats. Around here, far too many of the boat manufacturers we like for ND are owned by Brunswick. Hence the damn factory rigging for Mercs. I find myself to be a big fan of Yamaha motors, which sucks because I love Lund boats and they are in the Brunswick family. I asked one time what it would take to put a Yamaha on a new Lund and it was about a $3k upgrade due to the factory rigging, if I remember correctly.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL we had an old Evinrude that had solenoid problems too. Al you have to do is turn the key on and jumb across it with a pair of pliers. I bet we started that motor for two summers like that HA.
We were in charge of turning the key while my dad cussed at the motor.

I have found the best way to keep that windshield from slapping around; get rid of the windshield.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33