Elk Bulls

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Elk season opened in E5 on Sept. 2, 2022.

Have one spike and two 2 year olds hanging around the farm. The 2's have small antlers. Probably 250 SCI. All three are very healthy looking.

If you have a tag or know someone who does, shoot me a pm.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder how many tag holders know about E5? We jab at NDGF often around here, but what a GREAT concept!

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Have one spike and two 2 year olds hanging around the farm. The 2's have small antlers. Probably 250 SCI. All three are very healthy looking.

Good for you inviting hunter to hunt your land.

We Thank You

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Satellite bulls get driven off by larger older bulls and then go looking for a harem of their own.

I thought it is a little early this year for so many to show. During the day they are holed up in some of my neighbor's deep creeks. No problem, I can take anyone down in there.

If someone tries to contact me PM, the envelope to the right of a person's screen should be lit up on this new site, (right)?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Satellite bulls get driven off by larger older bulls and then go looking for a harem of their own.

I thought it is a little early this year for so many to show. During the day they are holed up in some of my neighbor's deep creeks. No problem, I can take anyone down in there.

If someone tries to contact me PM, the envelope to the right of a person's screen should be lit up on this new site, (right)?
Yes, that’s correct.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you, sir.

Two years ago I had responses right away.

Last year no bulls came here. EHD was making them sick and they probably didn't feel traveling.

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you, sir.

Two years ago I had responses right away.

Last year no bulls came here. EHD was making them sick and they probably didn't feel traveling.
I’m sure a hunter will pop up. Pretty great of you to offer this.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator

Did you end up finding someone to take you up on this?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope, however, this thread has only been viewed 587 times.
Be patient, most people I know who have drawn an elk tag want the experience of chasing them in the wild. Once they get that out of their system and start running low on time off, spousal patience, etc...your phone will ring.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have two contacts.

We are waiting. The bulls come out at night and walk on a gravel road leaving tracks. They have not done that the last couple days. Doesn't mean they have left but,

It's raining today. If there is fresh track in the morning, I will have something more concrete. Hate to have someone make the trip and sans bull.

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have two contacts.

We are waiting. The bulls come out at night and walk on a gravel road leaving tracks. They have not done that the last couple days. Doesn't mean they have left but,

It's raining today. If there is fresh track in the morning, I will have something more concrete. Hate to have someone make the trip and sans bull.
Hoping to hear of a successful hunt up there over the weekend.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have cows and bulls here in Payson, AZ all the time. They walk right down the streets and are laying or eating in peoples yards here in town. Most seem to leave during hunting season and come back after. Can't hunt them in town not even with a bow.
There are 3 bulls that always hang together and they are called the 3 amigos.
We had a huge 6 point bull and 2 cows and 2 yearlings in our yard 3 mornings ago at 5 a.m. Noticed them when I went out to get the morning paper. Some are rutting here already and some are just getting their harem together.
They are cool to see here in town and to be so darn tame but get close to hunting season and that all changes. Have to remind some people that they are still a wild animal and keep your distance.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
No fresh track today. Hmm

Sometimes they move on. Two years ago a bull was taken here with a tracking collar. The year before, according to the data, he visited for two days and then split without seeing him.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's on. My neighbor just called, 8:28 pm. A couple of them on the road.

By day they are hanging out in some very deep creeks full of trees. The fellow who owns the property is cool and has let many a sportsman in to get after them.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sure wish I had a tag.....I'd reach out! Good on you for offering such a golden opportunity!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75