Me, trees, elk

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Time of year to finish up on food plots.
Pictures are not in order but:
Cow elk was coming up every night to eat on salt block and i did put feed in feeder so next three nights she came up for most of the night and ate on feeder. Fourth day i did put up four corner post with wire and cans. That night she came up and about fifth picture of her she is going to sniff on can and that is the last i have seen of her. Spike elk came up and i think he also found can and i had not seen him again and for the last week i have not seen any elk on camera. Whitetail do come up as shown and do eat on the feed.

I went up there to trim on trees that elk had done their job on. However i found that some of the branches are putting new growth on. This tree put out new growth and cones on top. Others have to and some not.
So i ask is this just short live or will this tree stay alive on top?

Have a picture of a bull elk i would like share but will need help in order to put on here. So hope to have that soon as i have question on that bull elk.
My 6th time on buck mule deer and got and 12th time on ML and got. So with bow that is the 3 bucks and there is no way i will find three bucks that i will want to shoot. But at age 74, retire, i should count my blessings. db

- - - Updated - - -

Have no learning on elk horn growth but this bull's horns are about 2 to 3 times bigger than the other bull elk coming by. So for those that know elk is this a decent growth at this time of year?
Picture was clear but this is a picture of a picture so it is blurry.
Taken on the 12th of June. db

Attachments

MFDC6198.jpg MFDC5544.jpg MFDC5913.jpg MFDC6018.jpg DSC00072.jpg DSC00076.jpg

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have no learning on elk horn growth but this bull's horns are about 2 to 3 times bigger than the other bull elk coming by. So for those that know elk is this a decent growth at this time of year?
Picture was clear but this is a picture of a picture so it is blurry.
Taken on the 12th of June.

attachment.php

db

Looks to me like it is a royal (6x6) bull.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your freezer should be full of elk.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113