Elk Bulls

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's on. My neighbor just called, 8:28 pm. A couple of them on the road.

By day they are hanging out in some very deep creeks full of trees. The fellow who owns the property is cool and has let many a sportsman in to get after them.
Looking forward to more reports.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing to report. Three people passed looking for bigger ones. A lady did get this picture through her scope.

1663584989671.jpeg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah - you’d think there would be some novices, gals or old timers that would jump at chance to conveniently fill a tag.

Ttothereavor

I can attest to the picture as I am the one who took the picture. My wife does have a bull tag and we did make the call to pass this bull at 90 yards due to the fact that there was another bull with this one that was supposedly bigger. Its early, the season is young, not to mention the 80 degree weather. Patience is key!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I can attest to the picture as I am the one who took the picture. My wife does have a bull tag and we did make the call to pass this bull at 90 yards due to the fact that there was another bull with this one that was supposedly bigger. Its early, the season is young, not to mention the 80 degree weather. Patience is key!
Best of luck!!!!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I wanted to post elk picture but have no idea how with the new system. db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
thanks, but cannot get picture from my laptop to here for whatever reason. Just too old and no kids left at home to fix it for me. db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
took a picture of a picture and i think that work but type story later.

Most on here know i love the rodents (elk) on my 1.8 acres.

Not real familiar with elk but this one comes up a lot and even in daytime.

So what does one shoot? I guess to each his own.

I feel this is one i would shoot if i had a tag due to its color and mane it has. Horns are deep black on at least 60% of the horn, heavy and with some palmation on it. 6x5. Maybe older.
Not the biggest i have but i feel it would be shootable due to the body. I feel the cape would look great. However, i am a whitetail lover and hate the rodents as they have driven the whitetail out.

I will have to admit however, that i enjoy the many pictures this animal has given me and some of them i feel could be in a magazine. One he is standing next to the pond with his head up higher. Full body. Great background. Makes him look bigger than what i think he really may be. db

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
took a picture of a picture and i think that work but type story later.

Most on here know i love the rodents (elk) on my 1.8 acres.

Not real familiar with elk but this one comes up a lot and even in daytime.

So what does one shoot? I guess to each his own.

I feel this is one i would shoot if i had a tag due to its color and mane it has. Horns are deep black on at least 60% of the horn, heavy and with some palmation on it. 6x5. Maybe older.
Not the biggest i have but i feel it would be shootable due to the body. I feel the cape would look great. However, i am a whitetail lover and hate the rodents as they have driven the whitetail out.

I will have to admit however, that i enjoy the many pictures this animal has given me and some of them i feel could be in a magazine. One he is standing next to the pond with his head up higher. Full body. Great background. Makes him look bigger than what i think he really may be. db
Would love to see that picture. It sounds epic.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Maybe i will get some more and share at that time. db

Tyguy95

It's on. My neighbor just called, 8:28 pm. A couple of them on the road.

By day they are hanging out in some very deep creeks full of trees. The fellow who owns the property is cool and has let many a sportsman in to get after them.
I've got a lady with a bull tag looking for one any way I can get her in contact with you?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74