Fishing

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can tell you that I am done with the ice this year. I love ice fishing, but I'm over it this year. I am putting everything away this weekend and I will be spending the weekends preparing my liver for camping season. I also have to process deer one of these weekends.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't even want to think about the amount of cash I've tossed, er.... I mean "deposited", into the water "bank" over the years. Why can't I get bank insurance for that?? 250k might cover it......(Grin)

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
This is looking like a late spring, and I am not having it! The ice gear is put away and I will hit the Tailrace on the decent days until the big lake opens up.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is looking like a late spring, and I am not having it! The ice gear is put away and I will hit the Tailrace on the decent days until the big lake opens up.
A few years ago I hit up Ft Rice twice in March!!

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Came across a picture from 2021, was fishing by Hazelton on March 13 in a light sweatshirt and sweatpants 😞

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to hit the ice Sunday, unless the wind is gangbusters.

Only been out a couple times this ice season, and it doesn't feel right

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to hit the ice Sunday, unless the wind is gangbusters.

Only been out a couple times this ice season, and it doesn't feel right
I’ve fished on an ocean way more times than the ice in the last 3 years and I’m fine with it😂

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drive past a lot of lakes on my way to work. On the warmer days these lakes smell like sulphur. It’s been a rough year for ice fishing. Hopefully winter kill isn’t as bad as I think it’s going to be.

CrankB8

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ll be doing some shore fishing next week.

In Indian shores FL.
Check out the red tide maps...I just came back from exact area 10 days ago, every day we were there it got worse. More and more bait fish dead on shore. Breathing was difficult at times and everyone was caughing. We decided to fish in-shore, did ok on trout, sheepshead and redfish and breathing was easier the further away from the beach you could get.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check out the red tide maps...I just came back from exact area 10 days ago, every day we were there it got worse. More and more bait fish dead on shore. Breathing was difficult at times and everyone was caughing. We decided to fish in-shore, did ok on trout, sheepshead and redfish and breathing was easier the further away from the beach you could get.
I was worried about that. I read the seaweed could be an issue too. Last year there was a perfect walk-out sandbar where it dropped sharp to about 18’. Caught just about everything you could imagine but only kept trout. Im sure the hurricane moved the bar. Red tide, and weeds will probably force a change of plans. Oh well, I can still drink beer and fish the dock on the bay. And no shoveling snow.

CrankB8

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was worried about that. I read the seaweed could be an issue too. Last year there was a perfect walk-out sandbar where it dropped sharp to about 18’. Caught just about everything you could imagine but only kept trout. Im sure the hurricane moved the bar. Red tide, and weeds will probably force a change of plans. Oh well, I can still drink beer and fish the dock on the bay. And no shoveling snow.
Nachman's Seafood Market and Smokehouse has good intel as well as the best fish spread on earth. Right next door is Wahoo's Waterside Pub that sells that as well as some of the best seafood i've found down there, and Reef Donkey APA washes that down nicely.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reef donkey and fresh seafood is half the reason for the trip!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75