Sak Newtown area is going strong!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Three of us were out in the Newtown area on Friday. That day, the morning temp was 37 degrees, and the barometric pressure was spiking. Nonetheless, we were in it to win it. We were chilled to the bone in the morning, so we decided to try and find fish close. We checked beacon and some other spots, then settled into an area just west of "sh**house".

The water temp was around 52 degrees and the water was still pretty stained/dirty. We pitched jigs into shore, oftentimes throwing the jig right on shore and working it back. Popping it back to the boat with subtle pops seemed to work the best, but we also had luck dragging the jig behind the boat and giving it a little twitch here and there.

Minnows and plastics both worked. We mostly used google eye jigs, since they have that little rattle chamber in them, thinking that rattling might help some in the stained water.

We ended up catching a pile of 18-21" fish, with a few bigger ones mixed in. (and way less white baaaaaaass)

jig.jpg

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Oahe is also on fire. I've done well there the past couple of days. Pretty much everything I saw or used caught fish. Not as good of size as you mention, but numbers are pretty solid.
Plus, the potential for a giant, I hear.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oahe is also on fire. I've done well there the past couple of days. Pretty much everything I saw or used caught fish. Not as good of size as you mention, but numbers are pretty solid.
how far south?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I limited last Saturday in 4-mile area but smaller fish. I had no live bait, so I just ran cranks in 13 ft. Tried one pass in 5 ft one smallie.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56