hey v, political Q here...

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i really miss the political banter and opinions and discussions voiced on my new go to site... love the new site by the way, but would there b a way for members to divorce from the political threads, but have them show up in the recent activity for those of us who are interested??? kinda like the blocking a member feature???

i know there is a political part of this site, but the activity level is nothing compared to what it could be... is there a way???

fwiw, i'm not trying to run your site or piss off the purists, but there are TONS of clicks out there for political junkies like me... just thought i'd throw it out for consideration... would rather give you the clicks than another site for my political fix... thx...

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Obama rocks!
Between this and the 1911s, you can't not be homosexual. "Huntorride" indeed, turd burglar.

- - - Updated - - -

Raider has a point. I know we all skipped over whatever GST and Plainsman had to say, but I miss eyexer's input, even when he was wrong, which was often. Sometimes I even forget that MSA is a Godless heathen. Allen's input was always original and fun. Bobkat's shallow, elementary old-man ramblings can't be beat if you're looking to make Swiss cheese out of someone's ideological premise.

If we could get just a dash of politics in here... (Really, just a sprinkle. I don't think any of us want it to be like the last site.)

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Between this and the 1911s, you can't not be homosexual. "Huntorride" indeed, turd burglar.

- - - Updated - - -

Raider has a point. I know we all skipped over whatever GST and Plainsman had to say, but I miss eyexer's input, even when he was wrong, which was often. Sometimes I even forget that MSA is a Godless heathen. Allen's input was always original and fun. Bobkat's shallow, elementary old-man ramblings can't be beat if you're looking to make Swiss cheese out of someone's ideological premise.

If we could get just a dash of politics in here... (Really, just a sprinkle. I don't think any of us want it to be like the last site.)

So that explains your uninformed ramblings. :cool:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
You see what happens when you mention something political? Like a mosquito to a light. Do we really want the top five comments dominated by political bs and internet pissing matches? Not to mention, do we really need Quincy here.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
i really miss the political banter and opinions and discussions voiced on my new go to site... love the new site by the way, but would there b a way for members to divorce from the political threads, but have them show up in the recent activity for those of us who are interested??? kinda like the blocking a member feature???

i know there is a political part of this site, but the activity level is nothing compared to what it could be... is there a way???

fwiw, i'm not trying to run your site or piss off the purists, but there are TONS of clicks out there for political junkies like me... just thought i'd throw it out for consideration... would rather give you the clicks than another site for my political fix... thx...

Just create a group and who ever wants in can get in , problem solved , your welcome . That way the only one's who will see new replies are those in the group :

AND VOLLMER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just create a group and who ever wants in can get in , problem solved , your welcome . That way the only one's who will see new replies are those in the group :

AND VOLLMER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
th

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
:;:stirthepot

:)

- - - Updated - - -

You see what happens when you mention something political? Like a mosquito to a light. Do we really want the top five comments dominated by political bs and internet pissing matches? Not to mention, do we really need Quincy here.

Easy there big fella, I happen to think the current set up with a political section to go to is a good deal. It allows for political discussion without all the whining from those that seem unable to keep from clicking on a political link in the top topics. :)

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gabe, quit with the "we didn't force you to click on it" bullshit. Remember, we're members of an outdoorsman forum to discuss topics that pertain to our life, which will include politics. You do not comment on anything but controversial and political topics. Go to a god damn political website if you want to discuss only politics. You don't offer one bit of outdoorsman advice on any websites. You're long-winded reply's and excessive hyperlinking can stay over at fishing bud.....never mind, you got banned. Well nodakoutd........never mind, you got banned there as well. Anyone else seeing a pattern?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Politics are lies today told by liars now about lies that liars told in the past. NO THANKS!!! I'll stick with the outdoor pursuits and the discussions about them.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
we just need a way to make it obvious the topic is political when looking at the most recent topics. but even then those that hate political threads will not be able to stand the temptation to click on them. It's like setting a beer in front of a recovering alcoholic and daring him to have a sip. He won't be able to do it. So we have to hide them so they have to work at finding them. they can pretend they don't exist.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
What if I create a political main page. Its own homepage with a 'political' link in the website navigation?

Your original idea in OP might also be doable as well.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to be into politics but decided to let it go. No sense worrying about a bunch of liars and backstabbers.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What if I create a political main page. Its own homepage with a 'political' link in the website navigation?

Your original idea in OP might also be doable as well.

I would like to request we disable the reputation button in the political section lol :;::cool:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Gabe, quit with the "we didn't force you to click on it" bullshit. Remember, we're members of an outdoorsman forum to discuss topics that pertain to our life, which will include politics. You do not comment on anything but controversial and political topics. Go to a god damn political website if you want to discuss only politics. You don't offer one bit of outdoorsman advice on any websites. You're long-winded reply's and excessive hyperlinking can stay over at fishing bud.....never mind, you got banned. Well nodakoutd........never mind, you got banned there as well. Anyone else seeing a pattern?

Easy man.

Take a look at the political forum section and count the number of posts I have made on this site and how many are in the political forum section and you might want to reconsider the claim you made.

As a matter of record, go over on FBO and see how many "political" threads I started... you might be surprised at the low number.

There are any number of threads on this site I have not "clicked" on because they either do not interest me or I know they will be the same people talking about the same stuff. It simply baffles me how some people do not have that apparent self control.

Sorry if I do not join in on your antics on the "hottest woman" and fantasy football thread often enough, (two topics that really do not fit with my interests in an "outdoorsman" forum) . But other than this mention, I don;t obsess over it when others do. (have clicked on the hottest woman thread as I am a hetro male, but pretend football has not attracted my "clicking")

Hey don;t they have fantasy football sites you could go to?

I offer "advice" when people contact me via PM rather than on public forums where there are others with far better advice than mine being offered. I've explained that before when being accused of not being a "sportsman". (if you wish as a rancher I could offer you some advice on beef quality that you will receive from the Iowa Steak Company as beef quality is something I know a bit about, hint they are not actually selling choice beef, more likely select minus which can be good if properly processed and prepared right)

As to the "banning", it likely has a bit to do with weak kneed moderators (the fact one is plainsman likely contributed to my demise..twice) and a small handful of people whining. :)

And once again, I have no problem with political discussions being in their own little department... so relax man.

Oh and by the way, down the road we will have some half blood Akaushi beef for sale...or at least half the animal for sale ...but that's another non outdoorsman political/governmental interference topic I would hate to be accused of starting.

http://akaushibeef.com/

My apologies for the "hyper link".

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84