Founding Member
317ff5a.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

par for the course - always the bridesmaid, never the bride. ;:;banghead

Haha

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good thread! Here is Buck@ 10yrs and sadly was his last hunt a few years ago,he made my day on this mallard hunt,he even did a dive (1st time) on a cripple from my buddy,he was under for what seemed like a couple minutes,I was waist deep in the water thinking he was drowning,but up he came with the bird,great memories with him and all my boyz ovber the last 40yrs with goldens.

pics 025.jpg

This is Duce,Bucks grandson,big shoes to fill and doin a great job.
duce 020.jpg

Last edited:

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This is a great thread and lots of wonderful dogs in here.

Here are a few of mine from over the years.

Brown, my vet loved him. He told me there were "regular" labs, Big Labs and then a few "Industrial" Labs. In his prime Brown was 125 and solid muscle. He lived to retrieve.

Lew was Whammer's kid and lived to retrieve anything. He liked everybdy. I had to bury him last Monday.

Max is the cool kid on the block. As you can see he loves crusiing. He also loves to retrieve. He is awesome with kids and people.

Whammer was a good retriever and loved kids and cats.

They are/were all house dogs and still worked well.

Attachments

BROWN-P Cove-02 copy.jpg whammer-01.jpg P5150110 copy.jpg lew 1.jpg

ejolliffe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Briggs 5.jpg
Briggs is a 3 year French Brittany. Great hunter and wonderful house dog. Available for stud as well! Haha

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The very early melt gave me an opportunity to clean up the yard today. This winter, my dog ate EVERYTHING. I missed a few pieces but the 5-gallon pail was overflowing. Tossed 30 lbs of soft poo in the garbage. Oh well, at least ai wasn't shoveling snow.

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_0001.jpgIMG_20160410_201554986.jpg
Abbey 3 then.
Abbey 7 now, with new friend Daisey
Had to retire her after blowing her knee out, after two retrieves she's laid up for days, sucks cause she was in her prime.....

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Herc's 3 now and has REALLY matured this last season. We brought down 54 roosters this year and he's learned to loop ahead when we work WITH the wind and come back to me. He has perfected the retrieve and made a few over 60 yards this year. I can also call him off hens when they flush as before he would chase them. Now I just whistle when they flush and he comes back to keep working. We are getting our hand signals perfected as well. We've advanced to "Half" signals. I used to have to call him all the way back to my feet with a hand signal, but now I can get him to come back to where I want him to hunt. We've become a pretty good team. Still working on the "Get Daddy A Beer" command though.

DSC06592.jpg

DSC06630.jpg

DSC06126.jpg

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Herc's 3 now and has REALLY matured this last season. We brought down 54 roosters this year and he's learned to loop ahead when we work WITH the wind and come back to me. He has perfected the retrieve and made a few over 60 yards this year. I can also call him off hens when they flush as before he would chase them. Now I just whistle when they flush and he comes back to keep working. We are getting our hand signals perfected as well. We've advanced to "Half" signals. I used to have to call him all the way back to my feet with a hand signal, but now I can get him to come back to where I want him to hunt. We've become a pretty good team. Still working on the "Get Daddy A Beer" command though.

DSC06592.jpg

DSC06630.jpg

DSC06126.jpg
That's a beautiful pup KD!! I'm sorry--what breed?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sorry for your loss. Cockers never occur to me as hunters. That feller was beautiful.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have a friend in Colorado that got a tri color cocker last fall, cool looking little dog.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

Yep I have a big ass red squirrel in my yard but it isn't that brave to come anywhere near Wilson to get chased around like that. That squirrel has to be used to humans and other animals interacting with it to be able to just run around that tree instead of high tailing it up the tree.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 34