Nicolae Miu on trial...

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exactly. A floating trip down the river should never end this way. Who carries a knife like that while on a tube?
Who doesn't carry a knife all the time? Short of taking a shower or flying, I've got a pocket knife. Not for defense, for opening boxes, cleaning my fingernails, normal pocket-knife type stuff. That said, if surrounded I suppose it'd be better than nothing.

I wonder what would happen were it my knife in that situation? I keep my knives, all of them, very sharp. Sharp enough that I pretty much warn everyone who wants to borrow a knife for something that they need to be very careful. Dull knives are dangerous.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who doesn't carry a knife all the time? Short of taking a shower or flying, I've got a pocket knife. Not for defense, for opening boxes, cleaning my fingernails, normal pocket-knife type stuff. That said, if surrounded I suppose it'd be better than nothing.
If you might need to do some stabbing, it helps to have the right tool...

kershaw secret agent.JPG

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member

I wonder what would happen were it my knife in that situation? I keep my knives, all of them, very sharp. Sharp enough that I pretty much warn everyone who wants to borrow a knife for something that they need to be very careful. Dull knives are dangerous.
This. Pocket knives used to be a pretty normal thing, now days they are considered a concealed weapon by all the nannies in society.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you might need to do some stabbing, it helps to have the right tool...

kershaw secret agent.JPG
Like I said, I carry a knife pretty much every day, all the time, but it's not for defense. The boot-knife above might be a great defense knife, but, it's not practical nor handy enough to replace a plain-old pocket knife.

Amazon product

This one is small, handy, and unobtrusive in a pocket. I've had good luck w/VG-10 holding a good edge for "pocket-knife" duties.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news...8j4It8MCCb-ZSWzq0d61iC5UjnFbc1qDxy1yGJrApnwT7

Miu, 54, was charged with first-degree homicide, attempted first-degree homicide and battery charges stemming from the incident, which killed 17-year-old Isaac Schuman and hurt four others. However, if jurors found the evidence doesn’t reach the level of those charges, they could also consider lesser charges on second-degree homicide, attempted second-degree homicide, reckless homicides and recklessly endangering safety.

That wasn’t necessary, as the jurors unanimously found Miu guilty on all counts. It comes after around seven hours of deliberations.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like he was found guilty on all LESSER charges, but not murder... Still kinda rough
https://twitter.com/AmerMommaBear
𝗚𝗨𝗜𝗟𝗧𝗬 Count 1: Reckless Homicide Count 2, 3, 4, 5 : Recklessly Endangering Safety Count 6 Battery All found crime committed while using a dangerous weapon

If sentenced to max penalty on all counts, could face up to 100 years in prison.

@grok

In Wisconsin, the penalty for first-degree reckless homicide is a Class B felony. This charge is applied when someone recklessly causes the death of another human being under circumstances that show utter disregard for human life. The penalty for this offense can include a prison sentence of up to 60 years. It's important to note that the specific details of each case can influence the sentencing, and judges have some discretion within the law's framework. For second-degree reckless homicide, which involves causing a death recklessly but not with the same level of disregard for life as first-degree, the penalty is a Class D felony, which carries a prison sentence of up to 25 years.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish I could say I would be shocked. After the verdicts ive seen come back on so many high profile cases in the last few years, it would really be hard to be shocked by anything anymore... Theres likely gonna be some people on the jury that think he should be convicted of SOMETHING to prevent tragic outcomes like this in the future, even if its not warranted. From my experience on juries, often there are one or two bullies who essentially force the rest of they jurors to do what they want done through coheresion, ridicule and group pressure.

I saw the same. Two took the floor and acted like they were lawyers during deliberation and they did convince. It was a small town civil dispute over nothing more than pride , no winners either way, just a waste of time and money.

I wonder how much evidence the jury sees and hears that isn't allowed to be recorded ? I remember hearing about jurors seeing pictures that I didn't see and they weren't talked about very much during the trial.
I think it was pictures of the wounds and the body. I spose the more graphic the prosecuting attorney's can make it the better their chances of winning . In this case they probably provided most of the evidence. A lot of pictures but I didn't see a picture of the mark on drunk womans face that was talked about so much.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
how and why is it even allowed to charge someone with a crime and then allow the jury to find him guilty of a lesser crime. The prosecution should have to make the call based on facts as to what they think he is guilty of and what they can prove. Now they throw everything at the wall in the hopes that something sticks. To me it appears many time juries find people guilty of a lesser crime because the highest crime wasn't proven but they feel it is their duty to find him guilty of something.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
You must not have watched the kid guywhofishes posted . He is the no good POS who lied and said Miu was taking pictures of little girls he got caught in that lie and It didn't seem to phase him one bit zero emotions. Him and drunk megan were the reason this escalated. Supposedly the penalty for making false statements is a felony , If I had any say in the matter It would be used forcefully in a high profile case like this. Make examples out of flat out lying POSs for the rest to see so they realize that lying to LEO's is serious offense
I watched that video also and the guy should be charged with making false statements to the police and inciting a riot. ( Federal law defines a riot as a public disturbance involving three or more persons engaging in acts of violence with a clear and present danger of damage to property or injury to people.) This guys actions fits the very definition of a riot.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I watched that video also and the guy should be charged with making false statements to the police and inciting a riot. ( Federal law defines a riot as a public disturbance involving three or more persons engaging in acts of violence with a clear and present danger of damage to property or injury to people.) This guys actions fits the very definition of a riot.
Im not sure I agree with the inciting a riot part... how do you justify that? He did approach them, but they knocked his goggles into the water and then proceeded with harassing him when he was trying to find them, after they sank. I dont see him doing much to 'incite' them beyond just going over to where they were.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

ME.. 🙋‍♂️ .. I've never carried a blade, not even a pocket knife on me. I tried to when I was in JH, but couldn't make the transfer daily to the clean pair of jeans. Plus, if the knife doesn't have a locking blade, it is better to have nothing as you're just going to cut yourself trying to stab with it. I keep a knife in my pickup, but not my good one. Who the fk carries a blade like that while swimming!!???? I've never seen anyone and I've spent a lot of summers at the beach. Maybe if I were in California at the beach, but tubing a river in WI????

I'm not saying he's guilty, but MY opinion is that he pulled it out too early. I didn't see him try to GTFOT after it was clear that he needed too. Once they started putting hands on him he should have made a obvious attempt to flee.

Legally, ?? IDK I don't know the laws well enough, but I think he's guilty of something.....certainly not homicide. He has a right to self-defence, but at what point should have he pulled that blade??

As far as the jury, I guess I'll never understand how weak-minded people are to be bullied. People who always follow the crowd, bandwagoners (Dallas Fans), and give in to every fad people I guess. I'll never understand that. I think that they are pressured into unanimous verdicts just to end it and so there's no retrial. I'd be more apt to give in to that pressure than try to sway the whole jury if I was the last one.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im not sure I agree with the inciting a riot part... how do you justify that? He did approach them, but they knocked his goggles into the water and then proceeded with harassing him when he was trying to find them, after they sank. I dont see him doing much to 'incite' them beyond just going over to where they were.
I am talking about the black guy that called him a pedophile and kept calling him a pedophile which worked the crowd up to attacking Mui.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
ME.. 🙋‍♂️ .. I've never carried a blade, not even a pocket knife on me. I tried to when I was in JH, but couldn't make the transfer daily to the clean pair of jeans. Plus, if the knife doesn't have a locking blade, it is better to have nothing as you're just going to cut yourself trying to stab with it. I keep a knife in my pickup, but not my good one. Who the fk carries a blade like that while swimming!!???? I've never seen anyone and I've spent a lot of summers at the beach. Maybe if I were in California at the beach, but tubing a river in WI????

I'm not saying he's guilty, but MY opinion is that he pulled it out too early. I didn't see him try to GTFOT after it was clear that he needed too. Once they started putting hands on him he should have made a obvious attempt to flee.

Legally, ?? IDK I don't know the laws well enough, but I think he's guilty of something.....certainly not homicide. He has a right to self-defence, but at what point should have he pulled that blade??

As far as the jury, I guess I'll never understand how weak-minded people are to be bullied. People who always follow the crowd, bandwagoners (Dallas Fans), and give in to every fad people I guess. I'll never understand that. I think that they are pressured into unanimous verdicts just to end it and so there's no retrial. I'd be more apt to give in to that pressure than try to sway the whole jury if I was the last one.
are you saying he should have waited to pull the knife until after he was knocked out? Once punches are thrown it may be to late. at what point when surrounded by 13 people all acting aggressively towards you would you pull out your weapon ?

So you would put a man in prison you felt was not guilty because because of peer pressure? would you be able to sleep with yourself after ?

If I felt he was not guilty I would have no problem pushing against the peer pressure which would result in a hung jury rather then send what might be an innocent man to prison.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
are you saying he should have waited to pull the knife until after he was knocked out? Once punches are thrown it may be to late. at what point when surrounded by 13 people all acting aggressively towards you would you pull out your weapon ?

So you would put a man in prison you felt was not guilty because because of peer pressure? would you be able to sleep with yourself after ?

If I felt he was not guilty I would have no problem pushing against the peer pressure which would result in a hung jury rather then send what might be an innocent man to prison.
I'd pull the knife only if they wouldn't let me leave. I'd have got out of there before they touched me but certainly after.

If I had doubt I'd not convict no matter what. If I thought he was not guilty that would be a definite.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 207
  • This month: 178
  • This month: 163
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 90