Quiet Pellet Gun

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hook up an electric fencer to the landing strip with a switch you can turn on and off. Kind of like an electric chair and you the man that throws the switch. LB
Does he have to wet the sponge?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
my vote would be a 10 pump as opposed to a break action. the newer plastic ones are sorta garbage. but, my vintage daisy is relatively quiet. and to avoid ricochets into neighboring eyeballs or windows, use pellets to reduce said risk.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny how the migrations have changed in our area , not so many years ago the barn swallows used to get here earlier than martins and move in . Now martins are always here first .

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny how the migrations have changed in our area , not so many years ago the barn swallows used to get here earlier than martins and move in . Now martins are always here first .
The swallows show up in May almost the same time in May at our school for the last 27 years

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I may need to eradicate some sparrows in town where shooting an air rifle would be frowned upon if one were caught. Is there anything out there that is super quiet?
IMHO: Get an American Benjamin .22 off some website then get it refurbished by Pyramid Arms.

In the meantime: Get a break/bolt/single shot .22 rifle and be sure to shoot into the ground with CCI 29grn .22 CB Longs. As the powder charge is the same: "Longs" have a shorter "jump" into the rifling than "Shorts".

For the nth time: The report out of a non-auto bbl is a "finger snap": A ricochet sounds like KISS. They are LOUD from a handgun.

Can't find the vid. It's on "here" somewhere.

Last edited:

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The constant movement causes me anxiety. Bird anxiety.
The "protected nest" status for them is BS, especially if you have a business (I do not, just feel for them.). Those bastards nest above the door, swoop everyone coming in, and you "can't knock them down."

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cut the bottom end out of a plastic soda bottle and drill a bunch of holes in it and duct tape the drinking end on your barrel. Wait for ATF to show up and the sparrows will be the least of your problems. LB
Sorry to be pedantic. A suppressor only silences the gas discharge. The projectile must be kept around >1100fps.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know why these aren't all "frangible hollow point"(?): The non-report out of a closed action gun makes ricochet noise incredibly disturbing in a semi-urban environment:

25yd zero (advertised velocity 720fps) equates to around 4in high @50 with std velocity ammo:

1714185372714.png

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Benjamin Marauder that is nice and quiet, but getting into a PCP rifle is not cheap.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I may need to eradicate some sparrows in town where shooting an air rifle would be frowned upon if one were caught. Is there anything out there that is super quiet?
Do what you need to do and hire Alvin Bragg....rockon...

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The sparrows are competing with purple martins for access to my gourds. I’ve tried hazing the feisty little suckers but they can’t take a hint. Guy’s suggestions have some merit. Rather than shooting or even trying to trap them up by the gourds, maybe I can lure them somewhere handier.
I don’t own a pellet/BB gun currently so thought one of you experts could recommend a silent one. Perhaps this one:

Gamo Wildcat Whisper .177 Caliber Air Rifle​

I have a Gamo Whisper Fusion Mach 1, 1420 fps with PBA Platinum. I think it is as loud as a 22 LR,

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 50
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 17