The Official Wentz Wagon Thread

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Carson engaged, bet a lot of gold diggers went "shit" got away.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wentz will be the keynote speaker at the National Prayer Breakfast replacing mike Pence. Good for him !

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
By chance his helmet hit Wentz's helmet, so they say.

But as Wentz stated it is all part of the game and next year.
I say that it seems like every year hunting for the 170 class buck.
It just does not happen for me and it's hits like that may end it for a player. db

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
By chance his helmet hit Wentz's helmet, so they say.

But as Wentz stated it is all part of the game and next year.
I say that it seems like every year hunting for the 170 class buck.
It just does not happen for me and it's hits like that may end it for a player. db

Looked to me like he intentionally hurt wentz, clearly wentz was going down, and no reason to lower your helmet in a situation like that... Good chance it won the game for them tho!

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
definitely helmet to helmet. He the defender lowered his head and led with the crown. Not sure it was intent to cause a concussion but definitely intent to let Wentz know he was getting hit. From the replay I was surprised that it actually caused an injury because at the time it didn't look as that hard of a hit. Usually big hits are two players going in opposite directions. In this case they were both going the same direction. Bad deal either way.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Didn't get flagged...Wentz was a "runner" on that play...didn't give himself up. Typically the officials "protect" QBs...except when they get outside the pocket as a runner.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wentz was clearly going down before Clowney attempted to hit Wentz. I don't think it was the helmet to helmet that gave the concussion, it was when his helmet hit the ground. Clowney's helmet hit sped up Wentz's helmet hit to the ground.
One of the announcers to the game even commented on it and said he got concussions that way.
I wish they would make them not wear any helmets, that would end these kind of hits fast. Will never happen i know.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
definitely helmet to helmet. He the defender lowered his head and led with the crown. Not sure it was intent to cause a concussion but definitely intent to let Wentz know he was getting hit. From the replay I was surprised that it actually caused an injury because at the time it didn't look as that hard of a hit. Usually big hits are two players going in opposite directions. In this case they were both going the same direction. Bad deal either way.

It wasnt the helmet to helmet that gave the concussion. It was the acceleration into the ground right after from a nfl goliath.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
it would be like taking a rabbit punch to the back of the head which drives your head into the ground.

To me it like spearing - helmet to helmet intentional hit.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
wentz wont.PNG
bw.PNG

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It's been said many times over the past 4 years and still holds true...Wentz needs to learn how to slide if he expects to play much longer.

I would be disappointed if I was his teammate watching him get injured on another running play, and I'd be pretty pissed if I was the one paying him 700K per game and he can't get that little tidbit to sink in. He's a good quarterback. He can be a threat throwing and running. However he's not a threat when he's sitting on the sideline or in the locker room. Every injury I've seen him get on the football field has been a result of a head first dive when he's trying to end the play or by him trying to extend the play by not going down. If he figured out the benefit of giving himself up by sliding, he'd have missed half the games or less that he has missed and his team would have undoubtedly won some of those games too that they didn't.

This was a dirty play in my opinion, but Carson opened up the opportunity. I'll give him credit for being a gamer, but he's getting killed and killing his team by NOT sliding.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's been said many times over the past 4 years and still holds true...Wentz needs to learn how to slide if he expects to play much longer.

I be disappointed if I was his teammate watching him get injured on another running play, and I'd be pretty pissed if was the one paying him 700K per game and he can't get that little tidbit to sink in. He's a good quarterback. He can be a threat throwing and running. However he's not a threat when he's sitting on the sideline or in the locker room. Every injury I've seen him get on the football field has been a result of a head first dive when he's trying to end the play or by him trying to extend the play by not going down. If he figured out the benefit of giving him self up by sliding, he'd have missed half the games or less that he has missed and his team would have undoubtedly won some of those games too that they didn't.

This was a dirty play in my opinion, but Carson opened up the opportunity. I'll give him credit for being a gamer, but he's getting killed and killing his team by NOT sliding.

Yup, for a supposedly smart kid, not sure why he hasnt figured that out yet. Also it comes down to coaching, let him sit on the bench for a few plays every time he doesnt slide into home...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 48
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 15