Sock liners

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking for recommendations for sock liners? I’ve read all the pros/cons and think I’m interested in giving them a try. Anybody have a tried and true brand? Something super thin preferably. Thanks guys.

Icebreaker. Was having problems with blisters this summer while hiking. Added an icebreaker merino wool liner and no more blisters after that.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to go back and forth but now with darn tough socks I don’t use them any more

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agree 100% with Kurt, went back and forth with liners in my smartwool and other socks. Finally bought darn tough, and they are better than any other single sock or combo of socks, I will never buy another sock for hunting. My smartwools are now just my ice fishing/stand hunting socks.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am a darn tough addict only socks in my drawer be it work or hunting nothing else compares

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Finally found a boot that fits me good and haven’t had blisters the last couple years. I used to wear liners and really hated the clammy feeling but that could be I just had shitty liners

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have been wearing Scheels brand liners that go way up on the calf and stay put. Always had trouble with liners in the past because they would bunch up in the toe after a while.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Go bare foot all summer and toughen up those footies, you will not need socks.:::

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
When hunting I just wear merino wool hiking socks and those hot spots no longer appear.

bilbo

Honored Member
I have used Defeet wool socks with no liner and they've been good. I use them a lot for running and riding bike and carried them over into hunting. I have problems with sweating a ton and the friction would cause hot spots and blisters; these have helped me keep those at bay. I use the Wooleator in the fall when it's warm and the Woolie Boolie when it's cold. They have discontinued styles and stuff that go on sale on their site for quite a bit less than what they normally sell for. I don't care what my socks look like, so it works for me.

I just found out about Darn Tough a week or so ago and was going to give them a try next time I need some socks. I heard they have a lifetime guarantee.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll have to try to Darn tough socks. Never heard of them. I always use Merino wool with polypropylene liners underneath for hunting/hiking. Seems to be good combo. Wicks moisture away and wool keeps warm.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go bare foot all summer and toughen up those footies, you will not need socks.:::

I honestly go barefoot a LOT in the summer (and winter), and my feet are so rough and tough, I can get sprinter's traction on glare ice. If my ankles were stronger, I could walk right up a lightpole.

When wading in freezing temps, standing still long periods, etc. I wear the Scheels sock system. The thinner green liners, with the whitetail heavy socks over them. The liners start to fail after a while though, and I don't realize how crappy they are, until I buy a new pair. It's like getting new feet.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55