Bill being introduced to allow Pink

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was a woman representative that brought it up, and her claim is, she couldn't find something to 'fit' her in blaze orange and found something in pink that fit her better...that is where she's getting the idea of allowing pink(rolling my eyes)

That's a copout. If children thru grown, oversized men and women can find something that fits, she can too.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
296E6A16-75A5-4F18-AC28-E597EB6832CB.jpg

You wouldn’t even be able to see a pink vest on my kid.

★ Legendary Member
I have 3 young girls and the pink would save me some money, but my girls have never said dad why can't I wear pink? I guess I would prefer they focus on other things then this.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Man you old men are worse than a bunch of gossiping women. If blaze pink brings more interest into the sport then why not allow it?!?!? There are bigger issues at hand right now than to waste time complaining about this....

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't mind seeing Pink but HATE it on a gunstock!
Equating Pink with females is like Equating dreadlocks to blacks.
When and why did this happen?

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In the late '70's or early '80's Outdoor Life published an article claiming pink was invisible to deer. This was around the time blaze orange was becoming mandatory in all states.

Also not a fan of pastel guns. They bitch about toys looking real and now real weapons are appearing as toys.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was a woman representative that brought it up, and her claim is, she couldn't find something to 'fit' her in blaze orange and found something in pink that fit her better...that is where she's getting the idea of allowing pink(rolling my eyes)

she is probably right up until recently very few companies have made clothes that fit women in the out doors. I don’t know if you know but we are built differently. My wife had to wear the men’s clothes that fit bad and weren’t as comfortable. I’m not going to make her fudd out and tromp around in a pair of carharts. This is falls under The Who really cares and are their bigger problems in this world to solve?

- - - Updated - - -

That's a copout. If children thru grown, oversized men and women can find something that fits, she can too.

no actually a lot of kids clothes don’t fit and are garbage. I suppose if you just sit in the pick up it doesn’t matter but keeping ladies and kids comfortable in quality gear makes the trip better for everyone

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only reason to waste time and money on a law like this.... is that this isn't about a color, gender or someone trying to find clothes that fit them. This is about money, always is with these clowns. Some how/way, someone is making money off promoting pink clothing for women so more women hunt, they'll charge twice as much for the pink clothing vs the blaze orange. I bet if one looks hard enough the bill sponsor is somehow tied to Scheels or another retail outlet.

This is our representation at work.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really don't care if they do allow pink....what I am getting at is...lets get ALL the colors in the mix that will be acceptable to wear as far as safety is concern and get it the hell over with...because I guarantee you somebody else gonna bitch they can't wear hi viz yellow or whatever color in the rainbow and have another bill to change it again.......and if hunters want to wear color that deer can see..they can have at it....and they better not bitch when if they don't get a deer or get shot at.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it doesn’t cost us, the taxpayers any money, I’m for it. As long as stupid innocent bills like this take up the legislations time instead of really bending us over on laws we don’t need or want.

I made a comment a while back that I wasn’t necessarily for the orange metal posted signs for the safety of identifying other hunters instead of passing them off as a sign. My only complaint about bringing pink into the picture is that it is yet another color to have to think and worry about. I don’t really care what the color is as long as it’s easy for the hunters to hunt safely out in the field.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Next it will be MANDATORY rainbow colored vests and no guns allowed. I’m kidding...I think.

Last night I dug up some articles about this and as expected, “blaze pink” laws create as many issues as they solve...even some women’s hunting groups took exception to the sexism involved when equating the color pink to female hunters. I’m telling you - you can’t win no matter what you try.

Blaze orange serves its purpose and has for a long time. If someone won’t hunt because they have to wear orange instead of pink, or can’t find some oversized orange vest to wear, or the one they find isn’t form-fitting or stylish enough, they should stay home. It’s not like they can’t wear comfortable, stylish, pink clothes from head to toe under the orange vest and hat. The shit I wore growing up didn’t fit, wasn’t warm, was the wrong color, and I never signed a single petition about it. I just was happy to be with dad and grandpa hunting.

I saw which states have adopted this...Wisconsin, Minnesota, Washington, New York, Colorado, and 4 or 5 other states that make the news all the time for all the wrong reasons.

Hot pink would be just as visible as blaze orange I’m sure but if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Try and enjoy your time outdoors wearing orange while you can.
If the color of your vest is so discouraging for you regardless of age...4, 40, or 94 and is specifically the reason you don’t want to hunt, or your kid doesn’t want to hunt, then hunting probably isn’t what you or they really want to do anyways.

I have three daughters. As of now they all LOVE hunting. I am well aware their level of interest may change.
It may increase, it may decrease. It may shift towards one particular type of hunting or it may shift away from hunting altogether. My wife could not care less about hunting but she does like the peace and quiet around the house my I have the kids with me. My kids don’t have the greatest clothes because at their young ages and rapid growth rate, I can’t find or afford everything available to them for all the different types of hunting we do. To be honest, because they are girls...most of what they wear is pink or some other bright color. When they wear a vest, it is orange. It could be black, green, or purple and it wouldn’t matter to them. It could fit or be ten sizes to big and it would t matter to them. The clothes they wear under the vest is what keeps them warm and comfy. My kids wear all of their warmest most comfy weather appropriate clothes. Vest goes on top afterwards for safety purposes only, just like mine does. They actually like to go hunting so all these little points of support you guys are bringing up are just lost on me I guess. I thought the blaze orange covering was for safety plain and simple. Now it’s for comfort and happy feelings?

My point: Introduce your kids to hunting. Don’t force them to do it. If the orange color of their vest makes them want to stay home...I’m afraid to break it to you they aren’t interested in hunting like you are.

If this pink law is about an improvement in safety, then I’m all for it. I haven’t seen that it is yet. So I guess to some of you, that makes me TRIGGERED? Ok, I’m okay with that.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we should have to wear orange all the time, bright florescent fucking orange everything, and maybe this would slow the spread...

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Holy shit. Here I though you guys were having a mild winter down there. Gonna have to start adding *TRIGGER WARNING* to all thread titles. When politicians are spending their time on laws like this, it means they’re not spending their time trying to find more ways to steal my money. I told my wife about this law and she said “that’s cool, hopefully it gets more young girls hunting.” People with small kids should be well aware of the added level of excitement a kid has if they get to wear their special vest or bring their special toy. I recently had a daughter and I’m glad there may be one more reason to get her excited about joining me (even though my current state doesn’t require hi vis).

Also, for women that get out and hike while hunting, finding hunting-specific clothes that fit them is a real problem.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dipping back into my land survey days and being an instrument operator that had to sight through a scope to see our guys in trees, brush, etc or spot for stakes with ribbon on them I can tell you the most common two colors in this order were pink and orange then sometimes red. Why those colors because they stick out like a sore thumb for flagging and paint in varying light conditions. We have had guys wear their safety vests that are hi visibility yellow and in the brush they really didn't always stick out that much if solid yellow, the orange strips would stand out a little better. Just a point of view from someone that used to make a living standing looking through a scope keeping track of guys.
The one exception was a guy I worked with being color blind but he was on the constant struggle bus anyways.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^ Same thing with arrow vanes. Flo pink is consistently mentioned in various online threads as being the most visible, to the most people. I run 2 flo orange and 1 white vane, and they can be tough to see on target in different light conditions, and really tough to find in the grass when you miss a target. I will be fletching flo pink for my next batch of arrows.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^My buddy runs pink and white vanes, I think it is 2 pink 1 white. I have sat in the blind when he shot a deer and could pick the hit just fine. 1 minute later I got my deer with a lighted knock, the knock was brighter but both were easily seen on impact and recovery.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 180
  • This month: 150
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84