Sconis will be easier to spot

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
Assembly passes bill allowing blaze pink hunting gear
The Associated Press
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Hunters in Wisconsin may soon beheading into the woods wearing bright pink clothing. The state Assembly on Tuesday passed the measure that allowsfluorescent pink to be worn while hunting. Current law requires at least halfof the clothing that gun deer hunters wear above the waist to be blaze orange. Bill backers say the measure will encourage more women totake up hunting, give hunters more clothing options and give apparelmanufacturers a boost. According to the National Assembly of Sportsmen's Caucuses,no state has legalized blaze pink for hunting clothing. Wisconsin's bill still has to pass the Senate and be signedby Gov. Scott Walker before becoming law. It passed the Assembly on a voicevote without debate.

If only they bring their new wardrobe with them when the cross the border, I see a number of benefits:

1. You can make sure to park your vehicle at a safe distance.
2. The game wardens will have probable cause for a game/fish check.
3. You will be able to spot which lakes will be fished out by the end of the winter.

I'm sure there are more, but those 3 come to mind right away;).

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just so I get it straight, Minnetuckians will be the ones in blaze orange camo and their cheesebreath neighbors will be wearing pink and anyone dressed like Elmer Fudd is from Pennsyltucky?

Hard to keep up with the change in fashion nowadays. I think I'll stick to my $14 plaid flannel.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't believe pink is legal in ND?...I read years back of pink being "invisible" to deer.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think Bambi gives a f**k what color you are sporting when you blast a hole in his arse....haha

Thanks obama

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I must say one thing about blaze orange though. It is a very awesome color to see! A million years ago when I was in high school in northern Mn , my brothers and I would hit the woods in my dad's old deer hunting jackets..i recall them being faded red..he probably dyed them or what not back in the day. Couldn't really see each other in the woods..not with that faded red anyway. When the law went into effect in the early 90's or so..wow... you could see someone in the next county over darn near. Shooting deaths by hunters went way way down...Its a whole nother story how some hunters still end up shooting others but that's a topic for another day.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
we need to make them wear that here in ND when hunting or fishing

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119