17.66 # Ft. Peck monster

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not 100% on the pic but the fish does exist and is at the taxi. Sounds like it will be short of the state record but close. A 16# also came outta there recently.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Circumference = pi x diam. Pi = 3.14. 22 divided by 3.14 is just barely over 7 inches. If he could reach down the hole and pull hard enough to "round out" the fish he might bring it thru an 8" hole. Shouldn't be a problem with a 10" hole.

Steve.

Oh wow thanks for that rudimentary math lesson.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh wow thanks for that rudimentary math lesson.

The question.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by H82bogey

How did that fit through the hole?

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Judging by the auger in the background I'm assuming this guy may have been actively fishing. Kinda out of the norm over there, usually guys just head out to check tip-ups once or twice a day.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was thinking the pinky was actually the fishes arse hole poking out; makes sense since she is full of eggs and not to far from letting them rip. Or maybe that is just a bit too close to home...

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks lagit,also looks like he has a 10" auger in the back ground,always wanted to fish peck after viewing the pig board they have posted,alot of walleyes over 10lbs over the years,a bunch in the low teens,look like method of choice for fishing out there is tipups.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not quite what most think. The preferred method is setting up tip ups(law says name and phone number must be on them) then leaving to go do whatever then checking in the evening then again in the morning. It's not uncommon to head out fishing and see point after point covered in tip ups. If a guy who is actively fishing sets up near them it's not uncommon to have someone come racing up to chew some ass. Fighting over deer stand territory has nothing on this. Actually when I first moved to this side of the border guys would come in the bar and have a beer first thing in the morning, they always said they had just been fishing. Took me quite awhile before I found out that they meant they were out checking setlines.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not quite what most think. The preferred method is setting up tip ups(law says name and phone number must be on them) then leaving to go do whatever then checking in the evening then again in the morning. It's not uncommon to head out fishing and see point after point covered in tip ups. If a guy who is actively fishing sets up near them it's not uncommon to have someone come racing up to chew some ass. Fighting over deer stand territory has nothing on this. Actually when I first moved to this side of the border guys would come in the bar and have a beer first thing in the morning, they always said they had just been fishing. Took me quite awhile before I found out that they meant they were out checking setlines.

geez does that sound like BS

RM-Plains

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't believe it, their is no fish in Ft. Peck, No fun to fish their, People are mean, Too windy, over-run with mosquitoes and Rattlers..... Stay away , stay in Sconni...:;:muahaha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88