We are free, finally free.....

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Debt Free!!!! Paid off the mortgage today and the Wife and I are FINALLY FREE!!!!!!!!!! Took 25 years, but WE DID IT!!!! It's surreal to say the least. NO DEBT!!!!! NONE!! NADA!! I feel kind of punch drunk right now. Not sure if I want to celebrate or just sit and process the whole thing. I think I'll crack a beer and decide from there. Happy Day!!!! (GRIN)

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good for you KDM! You better go for harder stuff than beer for this kind of celebration :cool:
I have several more years before I join that club and I can't wait.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Except for the property taxes, of course.

Did you buy that wet blanket or knit it yourself?? (Grin) Nice try, but you'll have to do better than that to rain on this parade. Been a damn tough haul to get debt free and I hope everyone gets to cross that finish line one day. Debt SUCKS!! Good to hear from you fj. Hope all is well.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats bud thats awesome!
Paid off our mortgage last fall as well, feels good.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats to you KDM. It is a darn good feeling and I too hope you all can enjoy it one day soon. Not very likely with FJB in office though.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Congratulations enjoy that beer but splurge and buy the expensive stuff cause you can afford it now.

- - - Updated - - -

Or spend the extra cash on new gas prices

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Kicked the monkey to the curb 4 years ago and yes it felt really good. Congrats to you and your bride. :;:cheers LB

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I loathe debt. I got in a burning hurry and paid my 15yr mortgage 4 years early a while back.

Had I known what I know now, I'd have been better off with a 30 yr, paying the low interest and putting the excess money into tech stocks instead.

Sigh - I never win - even when I'm winning. ;:;rofl

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is how it goes and you know your getting old - you pay off the house and celebrate and then it seems like a couple years down the road your property taxes divided by 12 get to be what your payment use to be.

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
Congrats KDM!! I have been dept free for 2 years. Now that I am dept free, property taxes really piss me off!! To think we had a chance to eliminate them!;:;banghead

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
We did a 30 yr when first purchased in 97. Refinanced after 4 yrs to a 20 yr, and paid it off in 15 yrs. Was great to get out from under that payment. Congrats KDM !

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
haven't had a house loan in a few years, quit working full time at 57 really hoping biden doesnt f this up

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I loathe debt. I got in a burning hurry and paid my 15yr mortgage 4 years early a while back.

Had I known what I know now, I'd have been better off with a 30 yr, paying the low interest and putting the excess money into tech stocks instead.

Sigh - I never win - even when I'm winning. ;:;rofl

Easy fix: join a stupid rebellion, take back what you want from the man, problem solved

- - - Updated - - -

RANGER 1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congratulations!! It does in fact change your life. Wife and I have been out of the stranglehold for about 15 years and I still remember the day we could say we were debt free. Not sure how you did it, but if you used the “total money makeover” book like we used, we now give that book as a gift to the ones who are trying to do the same thing to get them headed in the right direction. It truly feels good and I am happy for you. Enjoy!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80