1967 L88

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
It certainly lacks the "cool factor" of a gen 1, but I bet it handles better. I think the BTR cam and Flowmaster exhaust is a pretty good sounding combo.

Don't mind the Tracker in the background. Sparkles are cool, but I like a boat I can beat on without worry. ;)

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It certainly lacks the "cool factor" of a gen 1, but I bet it handles better. I think the BTR cam and Flowmaster exhaust is a pretty good sounding combo.

Don't mind the Tracker in the background. Sparkles are cool, but I like a boat I can beat on without worry. ;)

Them new Camaro, I think look really good. A coworker's Dad had a new one about 2020. It was a RS or SS. It was the fastest car I was ever in. A shop in Kansas City did the work on it. We went North of Fargo on 29. I looked over at the speedometer and it was at 189 mph and it still had more to go. The shop said it was 202 mph car. I believe it, it just floated going down the road.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like how this gen whatever gives a nod to gen 1. Is it true they stopped the Camaro again?

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like how this gen whatever gives a nod to gen 1. Is it true they stopped the Camaro again?
That's a Gen 5 (2010 -2015). I replaced the stock grille and added a Gen 1 "SS' emblem, going for that retro look.
Yes, the 2024 is the last one (for now). -- They also had a gap from 2003 to 2009.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Them new Camaro, I think look really good. A coworker's Dad had a new one about 2020. It was a RS or SS. It was the fastest car I was ever in. A shop in Kansas City did the work on it. We went North of Fargo on 29. I looked over at the speedometer and it was at 189 mph and it still had more to go. The shop said it was 202 mph car. I believe it, it just floated going down the road.
If it was that fast, it was an SS. Maybe even a ZL1 (basically a supercharged SS).

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it was that fast, it was an SS. Maybe even a ZL1 (basically a supercharged SS).
Damn that is fast on interstate system up to 150 to 160 is fast enough with traffic, we test drive a lot of stuff we build mile's click by really fast. Don't get caught did one time damn it was expensive damn near lost license.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a really nice gen 6 camaro in Bismarck has all kinds decals on bottom of car and nasty sounding exhaust in front of back tires all most road course set up that runs really good. I live now of Bismarck and he was in front of me once we got out of traffic he was gone I was at 90 mph in company vehicle. Fun for sure.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got moms 1966 Mustang with the 6cyl that I really need to get restored. Was going to do it years ago but decided to practice on tractors first to learn to shoot paint and the tractor bug bit me and ran on that for a few years. Now I'm back to looking at this project. I want to keep it fairly original but make it a nice driver so keeping the motor for now. Might be looking for some advise in the near future

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of things to change if you are going from a 6 cylinder to a V8 in the early mustangs.
Yeah that's part of the reason for just keeping it simple, I remember riding in it to daycare back in the late 80's. Also got a 1932 Ford Model A sitting in the back of the shop that used to be my grandpa's

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just one larger electric.
I've got a pair of pushers on a 4-core w/reserve and 160 degree thermostat. 400 small-block = HEATER!

Those electric pushers coming on have freaked out a few folks if they didn't see them before the car starts.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 330
  • This month: 208
  • This month: 190
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 69