1x scope

andyb15

Established Member
Well I finally drew a muzzy tag. First one I’ve ever had. Looking to get a scope for my muzzleloader but they almost look impossible to find. I see on vortex’s website that they do make one but can’t find anywhere that has them. Anyone know where a guy could find one?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I got mine from Cabela but that was 20 years ago. If you cannot find one PM me and I will see what we can do. I am on 16 points now so I am tired of it and my muzzy whining every time I walk by the gun safe, LB

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tend to agree with @NDSportsman . if you get a chance, see if you can look thru someone's before you buy one. I haven't pulled mine off yet but will if I ever draw another tag. My brother pulled his also after missing on 2 fairly close shots. Sighted in with open sites, and his first attempt was a smackdown at about same distance.

TC is what I have mounted.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have a Vortex Crossfire II for mine. No muzzy tag again this year so offered my smokepoll to a bud that drew a muzzy tag first year of applying. Right up there with you LB in points. Also agree with comment above that open sights work just as well.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have a Vortex Crossfire II for mine. No muzzy tag again this year so offered my smokepoll to a bud that drew a muzzy tag first year of applying. Right up there with you LB in points. Also agree with comment above that open sights work just as well.
He must have got muzzy doe as a first time applicant . Still fun

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I finally drew a muzzy tag. First one I’ve ever had. Looking to get a scope for my muzzleloader but they almost look impossible to find. I see on vortex’s website that they do make one but can’t find anywhere that has them. Anyone know where a guy could find one?
Congrats,, How many points did you have to draw ?

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Took me 11 years but I drew one. Can't believe some of you guys are nearing 2 decades...

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I finally drew my 1st tag with 13 points. Been applying since I was able too.

Back to the main topic a 1x red dot sight is very easy to come by and certain models can be had for 150ish bucks. I have a spare holosun 510 that I'll be throwing on my dad's muzzle loader for the season

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
At my age I simply don't see open sights other than seeing t h e front or the back, but not both at the same time. I installed a high quality fiber optic and the first 5x5 that came past a little before sunrise the front sight glowed so brightly I couldn't see the deer. Now I have a 1x from Thompson Center. My choice now would be my inexpensive red dot from Sig with shake awake and auto brightness.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Turned down with 14 points. Will try again next year and keep the fingers crossed. I'd be interested in knowing the draw odds beyond the 10th year. If I'm close I"ll stick with it. If my realistic odds are still 4-5 years out, I may cash in on a doe just to be done with it. Annoying getting jerked around. I second iron sights.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Turned down with 14 points. Will try again next year and keep the fingers crossed. I'd be interested in knowing the draw odds beyond the 10th year. If I'm close I"ll stick with it. If my realistic odds are still 4-5 years out, I may cash in on a doe just to be done with it. Annoying getting jerked around. I second iron sights.
Don't quit if your this invested already. Third the iron sights... I don't want to shoot with any type of optic.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have red dot site and really like it and I done have fancy new gun like these new ones. Hard find 1X power scope they are nice if eyes are not best.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 239
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 70