2016 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 SC

Mongo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has Tracker boats gotten better? A few years back, you would get bashed/made fun of for owning a Tracker. I see that their warranty has improved. Anyone have one that is 2 years old or less that can chime in about quality?
I have a 2014 Tracker Targa V18. I have to say no complaints so far.

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of my friends has a 2012 or 13 targa 18V, with a 115 merc 4stroke. It seemed a little under powered for the size of the boat, but he put the appropriate prop on it and a hydrofoil and now is seems alright. As far as i know they haven't had any problems with it. Fishes 3 people really well, plenty of storage, good enough fit and finish. I looked at the v175 and was pretty impressed by the storage and layout as well. Personally, I am still not too sure of the welded hull, not for durability but for the wet ride they produce. Overall for the money, Tracker makes a good boat that will catch fish.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just checked out trackers website. That little 16 foot tiller for about 10k is a pretty sweet little boat. Great little tailrace/river boat for the price.. but then again… a guy could find a good used lund with a 40-50 hp for around that price too.

I got a used 2001 lund rebel 1650 tiller with a 50 hp yamaha 2 stroke on it. Definitely for sale, definitely not for 10K.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't buy a brand new boat for my first. I would buy something you don't really care if if gets scratched/dinged up. Learn boat control. Find out what you like/don't like and upgrade after. That's just me though. I "usually" don't feel the need to have the newest and the best.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got a used 2001 lund rebel 1650 tiller with a 50 hp yamaha 2 stroke on it. Definitely for sale, definitely not for 10K.

Is this in the classifieds?(not seeing it) Have anymore details about it?

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't buy a brand new boat for my first. I would buy something you don't really care if if gets scratched/dinged up. Learn boat control. Find out what you like/don't like and upgrade after. That's just me though. I "usually" don't feel the need to have the newest and the best.

Yup.. I put plenty of scratches in my first one. Plus, when you have boat that is already beat up, you don't mind doing a little carp shooting out of it, one thing I miss for sure.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

With today's fuel and u don't know how the person before u treated the engine. Not to worried about a used boat. But I would be concerned about motor.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55