40-50 lb Walleye?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we should shut the season down like Minnesota does, they are a bit smarter over there you know

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty much all walleye are stocked in Sak, the reproduction naturally is minimal, in fact the use devils lake as the primary egg source. Or so I have been told.

The lake can rise and fall several feet in a 10 day period, the forage was more of a problem these last few years than the spawn.
Now we have so much forage the walleyes are not biting because they are full...haha

Yep any slot on Sak would require cooperation from the corps to manage for natural walleye reproduction. They already do on Peck and I think Oahe also. Making 3 dams all do that in a row might be a challenge especially for the please don't flood me crowd downstream. Now they stock millions each year and expect folks to pound the hell outta the "eaters", wash, rinse, repeat. That doesn't meant there aren't some big eyes on Sak but if you want a decent shot at one go somewhere else.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
One over 20 here and it doesn't mean a Shit of difference as long as the Coe keeps fucking Shit up on a regular basis.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I caught 7 fish this year, only 1 was a walleye. 14", I threw it back so I wouldn't get thumped at the cleaning station #tummysadanditmatters

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
We need to keep those the threads with the videos and data on why slots on the big three in ND are inappropriate stuck to the top!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 5
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 3