6mm Creedmore

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm interested to hear responses also. I habe two 6.5 Creedmoors. Like the 6.5 they have a 1 in 8 twist. The 115 Berger VLD at 2980 with Superformance should be one heck of a lomg range coyote, antelope, deer rifle.

As a young man I was all about speed to compensate for leed on running animals. Now I am 70 with multiple knee and shoulder surgeries and more in the near future. Now I have turned to heavy bullets with high ballistic coefficients for long range.
These types of rifles demand quality scopes. I can't afford Nightforce so it's Vortex for me.

Everything I read tells me I want one.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm interested to hear responses also. I habe two 6.5 Creedmoors. Like the 6.5 they have a 1 in 8 twist. The 115 Berger VLD at 2980 with Superformance should be one heck of a lomg range coyote, antelope, deer rifle.

As a young man I was all about speed to compensate for leed on running animals. Now I am 70 with multiple knee and shoulder surgeries and more in the near future. Now I have turned to heavy bullets with high ballistic coefficients for long range.
These types of rifles demand quality scopes. I can't afford Nightforce so it's Vortex for me.

Everything I read tells me I want one.

You can have nightforce if you want.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's a sweet round. I recently re-barreled my AR-10 from 243 Win to 6mm Creed.
It's very similar ballisticly to the 243, but is superior in design in every way the 6.5 Creed is superior to the 260 Rem.
Right now I'm shooting 87 Berger vlds at ~3280 out of a 22in barrel with Varget. Those should flatten any varmint within 500yds. Next I'm going to work up the 105 Hornady BTHP to reach out further for steel / targets.
If you get one, you want a 1-8 twist for the heavies. -- That's what it's designed for.
On the other hand, if your purpose is shorter range with faster, lighter bullets, and you want more factory cartridge options, 243 is still king (for now).

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88