Well this is going to get interesting

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eye the thing is with these protestor is they follow blindly to a cuase, its people like you who know the facts about the corruption within the tribe. I would suggest that if you have proof of these allegations that you share these findings with those who must know the truth, yes granted not everyone is going to believe it some will
cleaning up the corruption on the res is worse than in D.C.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
one of the no DAPLers getting ready to head on home in the Prius

Prius.jpg

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Umm , aren't they front wheel drive ?

Tried to help a kid that got his civic stuck a littke while back. He kept trying to dig out his rear wheels and then keep driving into the drift. Kid wouldnt listen to me at all so I was about to just leave as you cant help stupid. Finally a older guy shiws up, we watch for a minute then he proceeded to tell this kid how dumb he was. The kid finally decided he would listen and was iut and gone in 2 min little shit didnt even say thank you.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tried to help a kid that got his civic stuck a littke while back. He kept trying to dig out his rear wheels and then keep driving into the drift. Kid wouldnt listen to me at all so I was about to just leave as you cant help stupid. Finally a older guy shiws up, we watch for a minute then he proceeded to tell this kid how dumb he was. The kid finally decided he would listen and was iut and gone in 2 min little shit didnt even say thank you.

When I first moved to Little Minneapolis, I came upon some old folks in a shiny new Buick stuck on the side of a busier street. Pulled over to help them out. While I was digging, 2 more vehicles pulled over to help. So myself and 3 other young people got this old couple out of a rut and on their way. The guy even pulled out his wallet and started offering money (no one accepted).

Fargo has it's shortcomings but people sure are friendly. It was tens of thousands of college students spending countless hours and days sandbagging that got us through the flood in 2009. Lots of responsible young people around here, even if some are a little brainwashed.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
wow I just read this article online about the oil spill that happened back in 2013 that a pipeline spilled like 840000 gallons of oil in to some farmers field. The article said that only a fraction of the oil has been recovered so far in the last 3 years. This crap really gets me frustrated with people who cant hold others especially those who don't even live in north dakota to a higher standards. Man what a waste since when has a train or semi trailer dump 840000 gallons of oil on the ground in north dakota.

- - - Updated - - -

you guys on the west side of the state do you even care what is being done to your own land?;:;banghead

Last edited:

campcook

Founding Member
Founding Member
We outdoors people who tackle the elements and respect the weather can understand things like wind chill, frostbite, asphyxiation. So how many bodies do you think we will find frozen or mummified in those tents when the spring thaws come. I can only imagine the trash and shit that will readily flow into the river.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
We outdoors people who tackle the elements and respect the weather can understand things like wind chill, frostbite, asphyxiation. So how many bodies do you think we will find frozen or mummified in those tents when the spring thaws come. I can only imagine the trash and shit that will readily flow into the river.

Yes that will be an ugly sight, If they don't return the land back to what is was before they showed up I hope it's well documented and played over and over on the national news then captured and hung in the Smithsonian art gallery.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
wow I just read this article online about the oil spill that happened back in 2013 that a pipeline spilled like 840000 gallons of oil in to some farmers field. The article said that only a fraction of the oil has been recovered so far in the last 3 years. This crap really gets me frustrated with people who cant hold others especially those who don't even live in north dakota to a higher standards. Man what a waste since when has a train or semi trailer dump 840000 gallons of oil on the ground in north dakota.

- - - Updated - - -

you guys on the west side of the state do you even care what is being done to your own land?;:;banghead
gonna take a long time to clean that one up. may not happen completely. it's another pipeline without leak detection. farmer found it himself. they honestly have no idea how much oil. how the hell do you miss a million gallons of oil? pumpers record daily production and daily pipeline volumes that leave the well site. But the problem is the oil in these pipelines can come from numerous companies. there appears to be no central data base for what has left the sites and what makes it to the mid stream facility. and nothing will change until we overhaul the industrial commission and remove politics from it. we can't have the promoter of the industry doing the policing and the fining. the whole thing is upside down. The LACT units (oil transfer pumps) don't belong to the oil companies. They are a third party mid stream company that is responsible for the oil as soon as it leaves the tank battery berm in their pipeline. The company we use on a lot of our sites has control of the whole ball of wax from Houston. It works most of the time. They can see how many barrels shipped each day and can see how many barrels got to the mid stream facility. They aren't all like this however. That should be mandatory. And they should have to verify everyday that it matches. The same should happen for salt water. This is a major weakness in the industry up here. I can't imagine it's this way in Texas. Or most states for that matter. With today's technology they should be able to track every gallon at all times.

If you have fifty LACT units moving oil, all fifty can have a flow meter on them. The receiving facility would have one also and constantly comparing total flows from the LACT's with incoming flow at the midstream facility. No reason this can't happen like yesterday. You could even break it down and have flow meters in different sectors so that you don't have to shut down the whole system if a leak is detected. Just isolate the sector the assumed/potential leak is in and continue to move the other areas. On the drilling end of things they have about eliminated the directional drilling people on the rig sites. A lot of them are just monitored via satellite in Houston or wherever and if they get off course they call the driller and tell him what to do. Major cost savings.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
nothing will change until we overhaul the industrial commission and remove politics from it. we can't have the promoter of the industry doing the policing and the fining. the whole thing is upside down.

I agree. The sad thing is that there are such a small % of people in Bismarck that know anything about the industry that they just sit there and listen to one guy calling all the shots.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
[/B][/I][/U]Yes that will be an ugly sight, If they don't return the land back to what is was before they showed up I hope it's well documented and played over and over on the national news then captured and hung in the Smithsonian art gallery.

Understand your sentiment. The exhibit would be just turned around as "Dedication/Sacrifice"

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

It's a shit ton more difficult to clean up spills like this then ones in water. You have to dig it all up and that takes times. You act like they aren't trying to clean it up but but if you ever checked it out they have a tons of work going on there it looks like a damn mine! They are able to clean a 1,000 tons of dirt a day but when you have hundreds of thousands of tons to do it takes time. If they were slacking off and not trying I'm pretty sure the farmers wife wouldn't be baking the workers pies! They have third party contractor who specializes in this type of operation plus ndsu making sure the ground is not only cleaned but also brought back to crop production.

0B8-vyRnuMb9raldLUldCMWhVUVE.jpg

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's a shit ton more difficult to clean up spills like this then ones in water. You have to dig it all up and that takes times. You act like they aren't trying to clean it up but but if you ever checked it out they have a tons of work going on there it looks like a damn mine! They are able to clean a 1,000 tons of dirt a day but when you have hundreds of thousands of tons to do it takes time. If they were slacking off and not trying I'm pretty sure the farmers wife wouldn't be baking the workers pies! They have third party contractor who specializes in this type of operation plus ndsu making sure the ground is not only cleaned but also brought back to crop production.

13525569_190847991317307_1241518564_n.jpg
I had heard they were baking the oil out of the soil. I that the case?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 177
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84