Well this is going to get interesting

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
And a new governor. Burgum's already done more in his 1st day than Dalrymple did in his whole term.
If Archambault TRULY cared about his people, he would use that existing NG line to his advantage. It's running under capacity and there is still flaring in the Bakken. Combine that with people looking for places to put petro chemical plants and a population in a constant state of high rate of unemployment and he is sitting on a potential goldmine to bring lots of his people to prosperity.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If Archambault TRULY cared about his people, he would use that existing NG line to his advantage. It's running under capacity and there is still flaring in the Bakken. Combine that with people looking for places to put petro chemical plants and a population in a constant state of high rate of unemployment and he is sitting on a potential goldmine to bring lots of his people to prosperity.
I agree. He needs to be more proactive. But do you think he gives a shit? Hell no his mansion is just about done in Bismarck. He will rarely visit the res. after he moves. Flaring in the Bakken is due to numerous reasons. Mostly due to lack of capacity at gas plants or gathering facilities. A lot of the flaring is simply tank vapors being flared off. The big flaring is right after completion where the pipelines cannot accept that much gas at a time. As the wells age the gas reduces until it reaches a pretty constant rate. IE-most wells in my area produce 2 million cubic feet of gas a day when they are completed. The amount will go on for various amounts of time. Six to nine months would be a decent average. Then a steady decline till they bottom out at 200-400 mcf a day. Some areas have more gas some less.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm feeling a bit verklempt.

th

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard on the radio way last summer that a smaller coal fired power plant at Trenton is getting shut down. Wonder why they didn't consider converting it over to NG ? Or maybe thy did and it didn't pencil out ?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard on the radio way last summer that a smaller coal fired power plant at Trenton is getting shut down. Wonder why they didn't consider converting it over to NG ? Or maybe thy did and it didn't pencil out ?
I know of no such thing in Trenton.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The plant by Stanton was run by Great River
Energy out of Minn. and most of their power goes to Minnesota and they are required by state law to have a certain percentage of renewable energy. They had a new plant in spirit wood that had been mothballed since it was built and they fired that one up rather than sticking the money required to bring the old plant up to meet the new EPA regulations.

I could be wrong that that is what I heard

Stanton .

http://www.startribune.com/great-river-energy-to-close-north-dakota-power-plant/387043131/[/QUOTE]

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is it that he could do with the line to help his tribe?

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Make a few deals to 1) Get more Bakken NG to run it at capacity, 2) get a short branch of pipeline off basically right where the DAPL is going in to a new petrochemical plant on the Res. It can be done.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
The plant by Stanton was run by Great River
Energy out of Minn. and most of their power goes to Minnesota and they are required by state law to have a certain percentage of renewable energy. They had a new plant in spirit wood that had been mothballed since it was built and they fired that one up rather than sticking the money required to bring the old plant up to meet the new EPA regulations.

I could be wrong that that is what I heard

Stanton .

http://www.startribune.com/great-river-energy-to-close-north-dakota-power-plant/387043131/
[/QUOTE]

When I first heard about it they were talking about the shutdown procedure and I thought it would be cheaper for them to sell it for a dollar than to decommission it, You'd think it would have potential for a NG conversion.

- - - Updated - - -

Sad part is that you can burn it off and waste it at the wellhead but if you gather and utilize it in its raw form it becomes dirty.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Make a few deals to 1) Get more Bakken NG to run it at capacity, 2) get a short branch of pipeline off basically right where the DAPL is going in to a new petrochemical plant on the Res. It can be done.
How would he have access to bakken NG? Hard to bargain when you don't have any chips to add to the pot.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Money would be the obvious answer. The tribe doesn't even have to have the money. Just allow a company to place the petrochemical plant on the reservation. Northern Border runs right through Dunn and McKenzie county and Bakken oil producers are looking for places to offload NG.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Money would be the obvious answer. The tribe doesn't even have to have the money. Just allow a company to place the petrochemical plant on the reservation. Northern Border runs right through Dunn and McKenzie county and Bakken oil producers are looking for places to offload NG.

twould be an interesting turn of events after the past 5 months wouldn't it??? the still 1/2 froze greenies would go algore nuts on the tribe...

wonder if they could build stuff with like 1960's technology going all sovereign nation if they wanted to??? would be like NO... wait, how much per member per month???

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
After today I want to see flaring no scrubbers fck I want to see black smoke in the sky global burn me

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back to the pipeline break. I really wonder how much shoddy work was done on infrastructure during the madness and rush of the Bakken boom?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back to the pipeline break. I really wonder how much shoddy work was done on infrastructure during the madness and rush of the Bakken boom?
that pipeline that leaked wasn't built during the bakken boom. during the bakken boom the product alone is so far superior to the old pipeline that just leaked. and there were inspectors everywhere as opposed to back in those days. ultimately your inspectors determine whether a pipeline is quality or not.

- - - Updated - - -

some things need to be clarified here. the gas in the North Border pipeline is that. Natural Gas. Ready for end use. A Petrochem plant on the reservation could do nothing with it for all intents and purposes. If your referring to this new DAPL line yea they could do something with that. But I'm sure they learned from the three affiliated tribes a diesel refinery in and of itself is nothing to make money with unless there are certain things in place that would allow for it. the TAT didn't have those things apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is something you guys might find a little funny. We've talked about the big D building his mansion in Bismarck. But I wonder if the rioters know that the legal counsel that represents the tribe has oil wells lol. It could sure appear to rioters/tribe that their legal counsel has a conflict of interest.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eye the thing is with these protestor is they follow blindly to a cuase, its people like you who know the facts about the corruption within the tribe. I would suggest that if you have proof of these allegations that you share these findings with those who must know the truth, yes granted not everyone is going to believe it some will

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 62
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19