Well this is going to get interesting

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well looks like they threatened a reporter yesterday from the tribune. This is bound to get ugly because this has less to do with a pipeline and more to do with no one giving a shit what they think. They are going to kick and screem like a kid at walmart who didnt get the toy they wanted and eventually realize no one is paying any real attention and the pipe is in the ground and its over. Eventually this thing will fizzle out after a spike in the near future. This juggernaut is rolling and there aint no stopping it now. I do love how the hippies are all pissed that this didnt get shut down like keystone not realizing the government cant not approve it unless they can show cause and that takes real world variables into account but unfortunately most of them have not been part of that world since dropping acid in the 60's!!!!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just hand out job applications to these people. I bet they would clear out really quick then! ;:;rofl

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watched a cellphone video captured yesterday of a man taunting the deputy and trooper across the tape to "shoot him" because he cannot protect his family, that he cannot protect the water his kids drink. He then says "shoot me in the heart why don't you?". The fella next to him says "Your Calvary lost years ago and we still have those flags they carried". ?????
Where did that come from? :;:stirthepot

I, personally, think these two bozo's are about as whacked in the head as the BLM folks out east. You want to taunt a law enforcement official to shoot you because of why???? What does that guy have to do with the pipeline? I don't get it. They intend to instigate an event no matter who gets hurt/shot just so their 'cause' can get more coverage.

Stupidity and ignorance!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
10 more protesters arrested today. Law enforcement sent workers home.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pipeline has now sued the protesters and is seeking a restraining order. If i was them i would tell the cops to do their job because were not going to stop doing ours.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have no problem with the pipeline. Just think its silly that if they really wanted to actually stop the project they should have maybe started protesting 18 months ago before all the easements and planning was done. Doesnt it go through at least 4 different states? Seems to me that its pretty well a done deal at this point. I do feel an above crossing of the water would have been a more sensible solution that would have made any kind of leaks more apparent before too much damage is done. Wasnt there talk years ago about a bridge being built some where in the strasberg area over to fort yates? Build a bridge there and run the pipeline below the deck across the river that way. Just my 2 cents.
Putting it across a bridge would allow if to be exposed to more threats. The safest place to install it is in the ground away from many threats. I think it may be harder to inspect if it was ran across a bridge. I don't think it is very common to install one accross a bridge.

What is going to happen to these people when they realize they can't stop it? Hopefully some intelligence hits them when they realize what they are protesting.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it cheaper to house and Indian in a jail cell, or a reservation, either way we are paying the tab.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do find it funny that the sacred Indian sites they speak of is a Mandan village site. Ironically this pipeline will by caring the Mandan tribes oil! ;:;banghead

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND Hwy 1806 is now shut down. All traffic heading south will be diverted near Ft. Lincoln and any northbound traffic will be turned west at the ND 1806/6 intersection. SD Highway Patrol is closing 1806 at their border for anyone attempting to head north.

There is an estimate that over 1,100 people are now protesting at the entrance to the construction site and all work is halted. The SRST are really riled up!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back in my day the authorities would show up with fire hoses, everybody would get a good washing, and go home.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
From the Morton County Sheriff's news conference - 1806 is closed off according to him this also means that the little heart, graner bottoms, rifle range are closed off to public use.

I suppose you could get there using back roads though.

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

Time to saddle up and play Cowboys and Indians again

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eventually they will look back at this and say " Man did we look stupid" or just tier of this and walk away.

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
Skip that section of dirt work... Wait till winter.. 20 below zero, guarantee no protect.... And I'll be ice fishing

- - - Updated - - -

Skip that section of dirt work... Wait till winter.. 20 below zero, guarantee no protest .... And I'll be ice fishing

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82