Well this is going to get interesting

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are we talking current res land Dean or historical? The cultural impact study isn't an Indian thing, although it may apply this time. It applies to everyone. The requirement is there for anything. If there is a old settlers cemetery there it needs to be known, thus the requirement of including knowledgable parties. It wasn't included in the impact study like those at the SHSND can tell you that it usually is. My line meant it isn't there because it probably wasn't done. If you are talking historical Lakota range then it could be quite different but what applies today mostly is what came to be under the jurisdiction of the US government.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm hearing on Scott Hennon they had ample opportunity to attend planning meetings and were a no-show. Now they're being used as retards by "Earth First". If this is repeat knowledge, I apologize. Also, where is Hide the Camps? It's getting close to tear gas and stingball time IMHO. I interpret "Earth First" was bused in (My lord--the left loves buses) in govt vehicles.

Remember the horror of the BP spill and the "devastation" to the coast? The effing media had stories of large globs of crude which sank and would re-appear to destroy Alabama. This stuff comes from the Earth and Earth has microbes to process it. The drinking water is not obtained from the effing surface. The oil companies can't make a profit by killing people and destroying the planet. Not buying the cemetery argument. If one is discovered it will be re-located. Anyone toured catacombs in Europe? Weren't Indian dead left on racks to be consumed?

- - - Updated - - -

th

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There is not burial grounds or any other cultural sites that are going to be touched by the construction. The cultural study is pretty simple. It reviews the sites in the area and conduct ground surveys. The historical society approved the construction so there is no know cultural issues.

I will still complain about any leaks into creeks or rivers because they simply should not happen if you follow the basic safety and integrity requirements. There are so many layers to protect the integrity of the pipeline that it could be in new condition for 200 years!

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm hearing on Scott Hennon they had ample opportunity to attend planning meetings and were a no-show. Now they're being used as retards by "Earth First". If this is repeat knowledge, I apologize. Also, where is Hide the Camps? It's getting close to tear gas and stingball time IMHO. I interpret "Earth First" was bused in (My lord--the left loves buses) in govt vehicles
]

That's the feeling I get as well, this should have been discussed and straightened out long ago at meetings. All I'm saying is (i'm no lawyer) but it appears that certain things were not followed as they should have been as far as required studies. Most of us probably have a story about red tape, probably more than one. Heck locally here we were told by the game and fish that we couldn't get in and raise the corner of an already existing boat ramp without another impact study. Just a few hours work for some of these companies out here for free. No dice. The question here is it appears there is a part missing, and if so why was there a pass given?

- - - Updated - - -

There is not burial grounds or any other cultural sites that are going to be touched by the construction. The cultural study is pretty simple. It reviews the sites in the area and conduct ground surveys. The historical society approved the construction so there is no know cultural issues.

I will still complain about any leaks into creeks or rivers because they simply should not happen if you follow the basic safety and integrity requirements. There are so many layers to protect the integrity of the pipeline that it could be in new condition for 200 years!

Well aware of that. The question is where is the study? What findings or lack of them are there? The question is why did the historical society send it to the PSC without a requirement being in it? Was there a free pass given and if so why? I'm not worried about integrity with a proper pipeline, they are the safest way to do things, my concern is with the possibility of things being approved without every requirement being met. It applies to all things out here and when the state fines these guys for spilling and leaking then turn around and says we didn't mean it and give a company a break it's almost asking subpar companies to keep screwing things up. My problem isn't with the pipeline itself it's the fact that if letting things slide is commonplace we may have a big problem that needs to be looked at at the state level be it SHSND or the NDPSC or someone else.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Supposed to be a demonstration/protest at the capitol today at 4 PM

http://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/...l-Grounds-today-due-to-protest-390596062.html

BISMARCK, N.D. - Bismarck Police are advising the public of the possibility of heavier than usual vehicle and pedestrian traffic Thursday afternoon in the area of the North Dakota State Capitol.
There is a public demonstration scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. Thursday on the south side of the Capitol Grounds, along Boulevard Avenue. This is related to issues concerning the Dakota Access Pipeline. The planner is anticipating a small number of supporters, but there is a possibility of more people coming into the area.
Bismarck Police are going door-to-door advising residents in the immediate area and also notifying them via telephone. This is merely to advise them with notice of the demonstration and the possibility there may be larger than normal vehicle and pedestrian traffic in the area.
Traffic on streets adjacent to the Capitol Grounds may be affected by the demonstration.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Supposed to be a demonstration/protest at the capitol today at 4 PM

http://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/...l-Grounds-today-due-to-protest-390596062.html

BISMARCK, N.D. - Bismarck Police are advising the public of the possibility of heavier than usual vehicle and pedestrian traffic Thursday afternoon in the area of the North Dakota State Capitol.
There is a public demonstration scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. Thursday on the south side of the Capitol Grounds, along Boulevard Avenue. This is related to issues concerning the Dakota Access Pipeline. The planner is anticipating a small number of supporters, but there is a possibility of more people coming into the area.
Bismarck Police are going door-to-door advising residents in the immediate area and also notifying them via telephone. This is merely to advise them with notice of the demonstration and the possibility there may be larger than normal vehicle and pedestrian traffic in the area.
Traffic on streets adjacent to the Capitol Grounds may be affected by the demonstration.

I want to drive by with a thumbs-down signal out the window..... I hope some dumbass walks out into the road and attempts to slow down traffic. It will be me in the outside lane, for sure!
:;:muahaha

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has Iowa given the go-ahead yet? I can't seem to find an updated article since they said they would not act until the other states have shown they have given complete approval.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
They did that better part a month ago. All permits for all sections of the line are in and approved.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
They did that better part a month ago. All permits for all sections of the line are in and approved.

Gotcha. Like I said I don't have a problem with the pipeline at all just the fact that if in fact something was done improperly it needs to be addressed. The state has cut corners and kissed ass for along time when it comes to these things. There literally is wasted ground because of it. Every company should be held to the highest standard starting yesterday. If they miss something, kick them out. As far as standing rock is concerned it's too little too late unless they can find something. Many are claiming the corps didn't meet with them as federal law says they must. That meeting took place on Feb 22. The rest of the contention is that the corps didn't take hat meeting I to consideration which how do you prove such a thing. Let's all hope we aren't in a situation like that. That being said the Yellowstone valley is in one of sorts. Doesn't matter how much support the intake diversion has all it takes is a judge to say tear it out and every community down the line turns to dust.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tell you one thing I want to see public support come the holiday weekend if the camp grounds are still closed! At that point you will see some seriously pissed off people who will not give two shits about some over hiped reason that is just an excuse to bitch about what ever it is that they want to bitch. This thing will be driven by outside groups soon enough if not already and we will have a hippie invasion. Nothing else we can always fill a fire truck with soap with its water and give this occupie Wall Street hippies a fricking bath for once. It could be our good deed to the world!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
In all reality, I did think this pipeline was pushed through pretty fast. :;:huh unlike the NWAWS pipeline going from Snake creek pumping plant to Minot that has sat for 25 years in the ground without a drop of water put into it! ;:;badidea :;:lame

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://m.facebook.com/notes/tom-isern/cannonball/10153988295292893/

This is kind of what I am getting at. For the record the guy who wrote that is a history prof at NDSU, a republican, and a owner of minerals in oil country. Not that it should matter but to some it might. I think integrity of the process is very important. If these companies are not expected to follow the required process, all of it, it's unreasonable for us to expect any integrity in the product they make.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This thing is going to get nuts. People are on the way here from everywhere. They are buying promoted tweets on twitter from celebrity accounts. Just stumbled across one, Pharrel Williams or some crap. In the comments there's people asking for supplies, people out there asking for supplies lists. People are sending the protesters more people, more supplies. Things could get quite interesting real soon.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://m.facebook.com/notes/tom-isern/cannonball/10153988295292893/

This is kind of what I am getting at. For the record the guy who wrote that is a history prof at NDSU, a republican, and a owner of minerals in oil country. Not that it should matter but to some it might. I think integrity of the process is very important. If these companies are not expected to follow the required process, all of it, it's unreasonable for us to expect any integrity in the product they make.

If this is such a issue why not make the owners not Michaels who is laying the pipe hire a third party archeological observer. Being in involved in construction permitting and certifications I find it really hard that this has slipped by both state and feds. Look at the road regarding projects through out the state and the paper work is crazy. From my stand point if some one from the state or feds missed this or pushed it to the side it is on them now and stoping construction now would be asinine or the state should begin the hook for all the cost involved to the owners and the companies involved.

Lostlunker

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is turning in to a huge mess now. So it just came out in the Bismarck Tribune that supposedly this pipeline was supposed to run north of Bismarck but was rejected because the corp of engineers stated it was too close to the municipal water supplies . It is hard to tell if this article is just being used to stir up some dust because it does state that the pipeline would have had to been 11 miles longer with the Bismarck route so who knows.

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/sta...l&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

If this is such a issue why not make the owners not Michaels who is laying the pipe hire a third party archeological observer. Being in involved in construction permitting and certifications I find it really hard that this has slipped by both state and feds. Look at the road regarding projects through out the state and the paper work is crazy. From my stand point if some one from the state or feds missed this or pushed it to the side it is on them now and stoping construction now would be asinine or the state should begin the hook for all the cost involved to the owners and the companies involved.

I think the point of the article Brian Renville posted is that it's a good possibility that nothing slipped by the state but that the SHSND (State Historical Society of ND) was paid off. Is this possible? Hard to say but if something like this did happen the Government needs to be held accountable.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member

That is essentially the contention. It's not that something slipped through the cracks so to speak it may be that it was supposed to not exist in the first place. When the state and/or feds approve these thing commonly they only operate on recommendations. The problem is there is nothing there, no notes, observations, or anything to even suggest that required work was done. If the plan all along was to pay someone to find nothing then give them future work and recommendations to find noting for another project or for another company later on its easy to see how this could happen. I'm not saying something shady did happen but there is something missing along with an admitted conflict of interest and it's important to find out why. The state doesn't have the best record of holding companies accountable for their mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

This is turning in to a huge mess now. So it just came out in the Bismarck Tribune that supposedly this pipeline was supposed to run north of Bismarck but was rejected because the corp of engineers stated it was too close to the municipal water supplies . It is hard to tell if this article is just being used to stir up some dust because it does state that the pipeline would have had to been 11 miles longer with the Bismarck route so who knows.

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/sta...l&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

Wow I thought that part was long over with. If that is in fact true and it is in writing from a Corps report, that could be big in a courtroom.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
In all reality, I did think this pipeline was pushed through pretty fast. :;:huh unlike the NWAWS pipeline going from Snake creek pumping plant to Minot that has sat for 25 years in the ground without a drop of water put into it! ;:;badidea :;:lame

of course it was pushed through fast, there's more lobbyist/political money in oil

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 53
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18