Well this is going to get interesting

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best comment I have read is from a friend from Cheyenne river. Hey guys this protest is cool but when you are done can you pick up the garbage in your front yard put some wheels on your car and maybe try to clean up a ditch or to on our rez. Figured you would since we started caring about the environment last week now........

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had heard some about it on the "comments" on the Bismarck trib. They are as about intelligent as you can expect. I haven't heard any credible report of it yet just some talk like Dean said. One thing that did happen though was some stomping and threatening to burn the flag, they got their asses handed to them by tribal members real quick. Military is honored at every opportunity on the res so that sort of shit just doesn't fly.

I choose to believe this for it makes me happy.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best comment I have read is from a friend from Cheyenne river. Hey guys this protest is cool but when you are done can you pick up the garbage in your front yard put some wheels on your car and maybe try to clean up a ditch or to on our rez. Figured you would since we started caring about the environment last week now........

No doubt about that.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's more garbage along the shorelines of Standing Rock than any other stretch on OAHE

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Y'all see that chick's tongue at the end? She could make me stand for water and stuff.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
30334.jpg

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would agree! If they really cared about the land and water, all reservations should be the cleanest pieces of land. Why not educate themselves and ask that their top Tribal Government officials/engineers be part of the river crossing team to insure that all installation processes are followed correctly? I just don't get the protest so late in the game!!!!!

Last edited:

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would like to know why my tax dollars are allowing the ND Department of Health to go down there and provide them with water, tents and sleeping bags. The lady from the department on the news the other night sounds like it was a natural disaster prevention measure. Really??? This is a man made movement, so why are they providing them all of this stuff? Guess that department must get reimbursed by the Federal Gov't, so this expense won't affect their budget cut the Governor ordered a few months ago.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
You wanna talk about taxpayer waste....I traveled to Bismarck today from Ft. Yates. We got to go through the blockade just south of Bismarck. Why are there at least a dozen officers on duty, sitting there doing nothing? Also, Its no longer just Standing Rock members. At the camp along the Cannonball River, are all the tribes of the 7 bands.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why do they have so many officers....well that would be so when a huge group of natives come down to try and get through the cops have enough people to not be put in an instantly bad position by being cutoff and way out numbered.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
The latest on local NBC News that protesters were using lasers to blind the pilots of law enforcement planes early last week. Comments on KFYR's Facebook page is heavily laden with Native American postings saying these guys are liars, and to remember the native protest is FULL of peace and prayer. What isn't noted is the crew up in the sky had to make the report so they could be covered for any future eye damage and to initiate a WSI claim for optical care.

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
I finally found a silver lining to this circus ofidiots. I heard on the radio today that they are all camped out on Corpof Engineers land. This obviously goes against the rules the Corp enacteda few years ago banning all camping and driving in non-designated areas. By allowing this to continue, the Corp hasclearly set the precedent that you can camp on Corp land in ND, for weeksat a time, without worry, as long as you are protesting something. I’ve really missed throwing my tent up on theshores of Sakakawea, so a big thank you to all of the mis-guided morons forgiving this right back to us! :::

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have never stopped camping on the shores if OAHE

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59