Adjusting Electronics

tommygun23

Established Member
I have a couple Lowrance Elite 5 HDI's on my Mr. Pike. I am not very familiar of the unit and its capabilities besides depth and that it has a gps with lake chips installed. I am wondering what is the best way to adjust the settings to maximize the full potential of the units to possibly see fish on it when searching. I have not messed with the units enough to know what does what. Also what must you do to activate the lake chips, is it as simple as just setting the option menu to the chip, or is there something else that must be done because it doesn't seem like there is much of a difference between the pre-loaded maps. I have one ducer mounted on the transom and one on the trolling motor.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
The default settings are pretty good on those. There is an option for switching to using the navionics chip. If you haven't switched it in the menu's it is still using the unit's base maps.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here's how I adjusted my 5HDI. I bought a garmin and sold the 5HDI lol

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of info on youtube. I did a quick search last night and found a ton of info. My problem is i am not sure how to post it.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Getting rid of lowrance and being proud of your birds is like moving from ND and being proud that your a sconi! Sorry for your loss!

- - - Updated - - -

It would be kinda like saying you fixed your problem with a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge buy replacing it with a Nissan Titan.

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda like saying you fixed your problem with your blonde, brunette or redhead by replacing it with Bruce Jenner.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best locator I've ever had was my Vexilar Edge. It went with my old boat so I've been without. But I found one that I bought for $125. Going to mount it alongside the Garmin. Nothing was as good as that unit for picking out fish.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88