Advice Fox Red Labs

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reviving this as I am looking for a new pup. Looking for a Fox Red British lab if anybody knows any litters coming up.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reviving this as I am looking for a new pup. Looking for a Fox Red British lab if anybody knows any litters coming up.
Dont know of any "british" dogs right now but are you looking for a british ftch how far down the line from being a dog from over there do you want. There are only a few select people i would get a dog from that is so called british and you will be on a waiting list if you want a dog from them. Are you looking for all the health testing like hips eyes eic which should be more important than color or really any thing else. The "fox red" yellow dogs are the rage right now so you will be paying a premium for color with other qualities put to the side to get suckers to pay more for a color. Noisy dogs dogs with bad mouths low drive or just all around not good dogs bred just for the color. If you list what you are looking for quality wise im sure there is a dog out there now as there are alot of good puppies on the ground and you can get a hell of a dog for a really good price. A dog that should be going for 2500 plus can be had for that 1500-1800 range right now

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think Diamond J kennels in MN has red british. If you google british red lab breeders you'll find several but most not near midwest. Many kennels advertise " Red" labs but then you see pics and they're just darker yellows. Red is Red. Like others have said, they're classified/registered as yellow but I'm just saying that may advertise red labs and what they have is darker yellows. A red lab is definitely a red color close to Irish Setters. Maybe not quite that dark but close. I have one. He is from my own breeding. Didn't breed for the color just two exceptional dogs. All shades of yellow came out from white to red. My wife liked the red so we kept him. Oh....i've also heard several times in my dogs circles that Double TT british labs in Kansas are the best or there. Worth a check.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dont know of any "british" dogs right now but are you looking for a british ftch how far down the line from being a dog from over there do you want. There are only a few select people i would get a dog from that is so called british and you will be on a waiting list if you want a dog from them. Are you looking for all the health testing like hips eyes eic which should be more important than color or really any thing else. The "fox red" yellow dogs are the rage right now so you will be paying a premium for color with other qualities put to the side to get suckers to pay more for a color. Noisy dogs dogs with bad mouths low drive or just all around not good dogs bred just for the color. If you list what you are looking for quality wise im sure there is a dog out there now as there are alot of good puppies on the ground and you can get a hell of a dog for a really good price. A dog that should be going for 2500 plus can be had for that 1500-1800 range right now
x1000

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Josh miller river stone kennels is the only British dog I would consider. I won’t ever buy another dog I have not personally seen the parents run or past litters. Also have to talk to who ever has trained the parents or litter mates. My next puppy I have certain male and female pairings I want. I got to see srs crown champion stroker run this past august and what a dog Clark has.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our red boy is from Grove British Labs in Minnesota. He is 10 right now and is a fantastic pooch. They might be worth a look.

-----

Just realized I've already commented on this thread. Disregard me being a dummy.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got a neighbor dog I've been feeding, would probably make as good as dog as any. He's hearty, and I taught him it sit in 1 minute.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got a neighbor dog I've been feeding, would probably make as good as dog as any. He's hearty, and I taught him it sit in 1 minute.
Teach him to sit 300 yards from you on a whistle. Then go down the shore over 2 points. It’s does that you might be on to something.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have had two British labs and liked the temperament and the size of them. We have had 2 blacks so we kind of wanted a different color. Yellow is a no go. So we settled on red. I didn't know anything about red being the new black. We are looking for a good family dog that is good around kids and other dogs (thinking lake season). It wouldn't necessarily need to be a good hunter, but if it is, I would maybe get back into some upland.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have had two British labs and liked the temperament and the size of them. We have had 2 blacks so we kind of wanted a different color. Yellow is a no go. So we settled on red. I didn't know anything about red being the new black. We are looking for a good family dog that is good around kids and other dogs (thinking lake season). It wouldn't necessarily need to be a good hunter, but if it is, I would maybe get back into some upland.
I really can’t help none of the dogs or breeders I know I couldn’t recommend knowing the dog wouldn’t hunt. They would be miserable not having some kind of job. I would go back to the place you got the other two you liked and get another one. Red is definitely not the new black it’s a scam to get people to pay more for something they think is special it’s just a dark color phase yellow and it helps bad breeders stay in business. More worried about color than bettering the breed.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84