African Exotics in Texas

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you think that for one second the high fence guys and outfitters are for freelance “normal” hunting your head needs to be checked!!
With out some middle ground the high fence guy will be the only one hunting. I had a outfitter put me on a great feed last year. I have returned the favor we co exist. The big picture is missed by so many as they look through their narrow view. Next will be mountain lions in Colorado. The houndsmen are leading the fight but other "hunters" dont like hounds so they are not willing to support. So no one will be hunting cats in the next few years

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is an example of why every outdoors forum eventually implodes. I state my own opinion (which wasn’t even harsh, go back and read it), and no matter what someone will take it personal or another will inject politics. I don’t care if someone offers high fence safaris. I don’t care if guys pay to partake in them or any sort of - for lack of better term - canned hunt. Nonetheless my point was that peta and their types use the terms penned up animals, fenced in, pets etc. against hunters..

I’m not that guy Fritz and I know what you’re doing; trying to paint me as some sort of liberal imposter so you can “win”. What do you charge to shoot an elk Fritz? Maybe you can change my mind.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I won’t sleep with the enemy for the sake of choosing the lesser of two evils Kurt.

Ever.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you think that for one second the high fence guys and outfitters are for freelance “normal” hunting your head needs to be checked!!
Your point is exactly my problem with the high fence hunts. They are a business so eliminating freelance is actually in their best interest. It's why outfitters lease land they never hunt. Take access away while pretending to be your friend. We are between a rock and a hard place. The rock is anti hunters and the hard places are high fence and outfitters.
It's not dividing hunters it's about preserving pur numbers so the politicians don't side with the anti hunters.

PrarieGhost said if he was a millionaire he would start a mountain bed and breakfast. Talk is cheap, it takes money to buy beer.

Hence why I said if I was rich. Do you have a comprehension problem or is this one of your prey on the stupid false narratives?

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
rich people have money. Money is needed to fight anti hunters. If they are on our side they can shoot what ever the hell they want
i agree they can shoot whatever they want just don’t call it hunting, when in reality it’s just shooting. It’s no different than a boy claiming to be a girl or a girl claiming to be a boy, I could careless just don’t force me to play along with your fairytale

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i agree they can shoot whatever they want just don’t call it hunting, when in reality it’s just shooting. It’s no different than a boy claiming to be a girl or a girl claiming to be a boy, I could careless just don’t force me to play along with your fairytale
That i agree with. I dont think its hunting but if it floats their boat and is legal kill away

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is an example of why every outdoors forum eventually implodes. I state my own opinion (which wasn’t even harsh, go back and read it), and no matter what someone will take it personal or another will inject politics. I don’t care if someone offers high fence safaris. I don’t care if guys pay to partake in them or any sort of - for lack of better term - canned hunt. Nonetheless my point was that peta and their types use the terms penned up animals, fenced in, pets etc. against hunters..

I’m not that guy Fritz and I know what you’re doing; trying to paint me as some sort of liberal imposter so you can “win”. What do you charge to shoot an elk Fritz? Maybe you can change my mind.
They use every thing every one does against hunters. They know how to divide and conquer.

the enemy of my enemy is my friend. first lets win the real fight then we can hash out the details of ethics amongst our selves. Other wise there is going to be nothing left to hash out

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Just this last Elk season, I believe Fritz had a Elk on his land and let a hunter/shooter harvest it. He's a good guy for doing that.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just this last Elk season, I believe Fritz had a Elk on his land and let a hunter/shooter harvest it. He's a good guy for doing that.
Thirteen harvested by licensed elk tag holders in the last fifteen years. Have a fair two year old here now. Couldn't find a tag holder who wanted him. Season closed Jan. 7th. Two days later somebody asked. Sorry, once in a lifetime tag soup.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would do the same if I had a domestic herd I was trying to protect, and those are the elk I was referring to.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess what I found most interesting was the bigger picture of how high-fence hunting in Texas may actually save species from going extinct in Africa. As stated earlier, some species have higher populations in Texas than in Africa.

Cash for American businesses, whether I want to hunt that way or not, isn't a bad thing. And if it ends up helping save some species from disappearing off the face of the earth, well then all the better.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would do the same if I had a domestic herd I was trying to protect, and those are the elk I was referring to.
These are satellite bulls that were forced out by the bigger stronger older herd bulls. They go on a walk about looking for a harem of their own. Please allow sportsmen with a once in a lifetime tag, fill that tag.

This bull elk comes into the yard and eats a little hay. Not too much bother. A few years ago we had an older one that went after planted pine saplings and turned them into stumps. Tolerance went way down.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your point is exactly my problem with the high fence hunts. They are a business so eliminating freelance is actually in their best interest. It's why outfitters lease land they never hunt. Take access away while pretending to be your friend. We are between a rock and a hard place. The rock is anti hunters and the hard places are high fence and outfitters.
It's not dividing hunters it's about preserving pur numbers so the politicians don't side with the anti hunters.

Hence why I said if I was rich. Do you have a comprehension problem or is this one of your prey on the stupid false narratives?
You became a moderator on nodakouthouse in 2003 aka the Plainsman,

Making the same divisive claims of no substance for 21 years.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess what I found most interesting was the bigger picture of how high-fence hunting in Texas may actually save species from going extinct in Africa. As stated earlier, some species have higher populations in Texas than in Africa.

Cash for American businesses, whether I want to hunt that way or not, isn't a bad thing. And if it ends up helping save some species from disappearing off the face of the earth, well then all the better.
I would agree with that. As a matter of fact the high fence have increased the genetic diversity in Bison so I am ok with that too. It's sneaking infected deer from sta t e to state and animals from other continents crossed with native elk escaping into our native herds that bothers me. Perhaps its the outfitters leasing more than they use and enticing landowners to post everything that is the greater danger to access and eliminating young families from hunting.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I struggle with what is considered a high fence hunt. Some of these extremely large ranches are probably more sporting than many of us who shoot a whitetail over a bait pile or over a cornfield. I am planning on going after oryx on ted turners ranch in new mexico next year. Not high fence but more than likely going to be more of a shoot than a true hunt. My mule deer doe "hunts" in montana are not high fence but make no mistake those are shoots. Back when the area i hunt with archery had excess doe tags for archery, that wasn't hunting it was killing. I used them tags to fill my freezer and the excitement wasn't there when i released an arrow it was just methodical killing with the only purpose of harvesting meat. The does came to a bait pile and i had my pick. My oryx hunt on WSMR has a nice fence around it but is that considered a high fence hunt. I guess my point is where do you draw the line. Is there a minimum acreage that makes it pen hunting? If i raise and release pheasants is that not still hunting. It's like those that say long range hunting is killing the sport or how new electronics is unfair in fishing. It's a personal line and to each their own i guess. Focus more on getting kids, women, and others involved in hunting and outdoors so we can continue to protect our wildlife even if it is in a "pen".

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 86