Antique / Old Fishing Lures...

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Digging through some of my dads collectable stuff, found a box of old lures. Some of them are kinda neat, in original boxes etc. Ill post some pictures when I get time in this thread.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
1000003276.jpg

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm familiar with those, my pops had a lot of the same. Those lazy Ike's are dangerous ,thanks for posting.... very cool.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a few still I think. Will have to see where I put them. What they came out with back then is really interesting, Got one were you fold a long shank hook on each side of the body that were spring loaded, and slide them under a little washer, guessing it was to be kind of weedless and the hook would deploy on the strike.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Neato. (y) I know the worth of things depend on how bad someone wants it, anyone got a guess what these are worth?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go on ebay and check, they have a lot of them on there.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Impressed that you still have the boxes...and in good shape!! I had some of my father's tackle and old tools and made the mistake of leaving in a storage unit that was broken into several years ago. Lost it all. Always fun to look at fishing, hunting, and all sports gear from bygone eras. Thanks for sharing the pics Lycan!

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice! Value usually comes from boxes. I have a feeling the bottom left is the most valuable or that middle spinno minno, those two I’ve never seen before

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Old stuff is right up my ally. I have a few like the ones in the pictures but no boxes . I used to buy and sell lures for a hobby before the market petered out on them. My favorite was the "Evans fish claw" They are a mechanical fish trap that used to sell on ebay for $1200 if they were in good shape. I'd try to find broken ones and fix them up , or else buy the ones listed with crappy pictures and relist them in the winter when there was more people online. Usually all I'd have to do is take better pictures and relist them. The key to selling lures is to take very good pictures and that's sometimes easier said than done.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Forgot to mention. Iv'e tried using a lot of vintage lures , Outside of some of the old Rapala's none of them worked for me . Those old lazy Ikes have lots of wobble but couldn't catch a pike

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was a salesman at Puchlich Chev in Bis many years ago that an insane collection of old fishing equipment that included metal rods, reels, lures,ec. He had some of it in his office and pics of what he had a his home.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was a salesman at Puchlich Chev in Bis many years ago that an insane collection of old fishing equipment that included metal rods, reels, lures,ec. He had some of it in his office and pics of what he had a his home.
That reminds me I got some metal rods too. I think most or all came from a family friend, my dad bought our Farm from them. I think George passed away before I was born but I have lots of memories visiting Gustava when I was younger.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the late 70s, those Lazy Ikes put a LOT of fish in the boat on Sak.

They also caused a lot of cussing as they twisted up one's line.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84