Anybody picking up sheds?

f7_2003_97x

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dummy found one today
IMG_1031.jpg

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Its been a bit slower for me as of late, we keep getting snow so we really aren't gaining much on the snow melt until the last couple days. Up to 30 now, but still no bigger ones for awhile. Should still be able to get about 50 once all the snow is gone.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a reminder to shed hunters, watch for posted land. Just because it's not deer season doesn't mean the signs don't apply anymore. Checked my camera yesterday. Nice profile pic of a local and his young son on Sunday about noon. Had to walk by two signs and within six feet of a tree stand on ground that's posted year around. Had deer every day on camera since November until this jack-wagon went shed hunting. By the way if your reading this, the "big" one (135ish) still had his headgear four days ago. I catch him on camera again, I'm posting pics on here and placing a call to the sheriff. Neighbors are getting sick of your families shit too.
So where are the pics of the illegal shed hunter? Did you call the sheriff?

Buckmaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ventured out on the land i bowhunt last weekend. All i found were boot prints and atv tracks across all of my food plots and through the river bottom. i love picking up antlers but starting to get old when people dont follow the rules of posted land. seems like no one cares if it is posted. frustrating

Just a reminder to shed hunters, watch for posted land. Just because it's not deer season doesn't mean the signs don't apply anymore. Checked my camera yesterday. Nice profile pic of a local and his young son on Sunday about noon. Had to walk by two signs and within six feet of a tree stand on ground that's posted year around. Had deer every day on camera since November until this jack-wagon went shed hunting. By the way if your reading this, the "big" one (135ish) still had his headgear four days ago. I catch him on camera again, I'm posting pics on here and placing a call to the sheriff. Neighbors are getting sick of your families shit too.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
if anyone has any smaller sheds they want to get off their hands, my dogs and my friends's dogs absolutely love them. Would pay for shipping or drive to pick a few up.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was hunting this guy in 15, found his right side in feb 16 and had high hopes of getting him with a bow this past fall.
Never saw him all fall or winter, figured something had done him in.
And then his right side shows up again 1/2 mile from where I found the other one, pretty crazy!
Only grew 4 1/2 inches on that side but at least he's still around...hopefully!

sheds 16 17.jpgshed 17.jpg

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That picture (#25) is from my hunting partner. Deer is known and the goal was 170 net before the bow is pulled back. This spring he spent many nights on a hill watching this deer through his spotting scope. In the end he spent every night looking and one night the horns were gone. That picture is the next morning as he was walking up to the horns. It is heavy with heavy point and the color is good even now. But it never has had a fifth point but a four point buck and as the horns have grown so have the stickers. It may never reach the goal but as now with a 18" spread it gets close. The deer is known by others whos reputation is known, daylight or artificial light, license or not, in season or not they will kill. But they are road hunters and the success ratio with that is low.
Next year hopefully he will get a chance again to make a decision on pulling the string back or not for the meat in the locker. The deer is in its prime and it will be hard not to pull the bow back.
In the meantime he has spread his genes for future generation over the last few years.
I know he will work hard on this and the work will help his luck.
I do wish him well. db

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Buckmaster it does seem that poster mean nothing when spring comes. They must feel they mean nothing to me and maybe need to put up new ones in March also with new dates.
Experience the same and it is heart breaking to see the tracts and big time when they do not even get off the atv of sled going through the trees. Then you find no horns and you knew they were there.
Only wish to catch them in the act.
I know I do not own the horns but it still feel like they are stealing from me just as though they came into my house. db

Last edited:

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Around here everything still has their headgear. I saw 2 nice 5X5 elk on my way to the VA last week.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33