anyone care to hazard a guess....

3tt3v

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can tell you that the Ranger's hold their value. Just go to walleye central and check their classifieds. Price some Rangers that are over 15 years old.

- - - Updated - - -

Drotto's are for loading not unloading.

- - - Updated - - -

Just put in a courtesy dock way off to one side to drop guys off, don't even need another dock then.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't take us much longer if I've been running my boat a lot for the year. I know my boat is not sliding off my bunks, I always unhook everything before it hits the water. I'm always going to start it and run it a few seconds first. 1 or 2 minutes isn't worth risking my boat.
Drottos are for loading and unloading. Unloading is easier because no leaning over to undo the winch clasp. Just a quick pull and it’s unloaded. I have one and it is a great time saver. Loading and unloading

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
drottos will be standard equipment on every new high end boat soon - just like boat buckles... very comforting on the windy days, getting off and on... if mine broke, i'd buy another one tomorrow...

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drottos are for loading and unloading. Unloading is easier because no leaning over to undo the winch clasp. Just a quick pull and it’s unloaded. I have one and it is a great time saver. Loading and unloading

True, but with bunks, a lot of people just pull the lever before backing down in the water. So the driver could start the motor, and driver could launch him in just seconds. Boat operator doesn't leave his seat.

- - - Updated - - -

drottos will be standard equipment on every new high end boat soon - just like boat buckles... very comforting on the windy days, getting off and on... if mine broke, i'd buy another one tomorrow...

I agree with that, If I owned a boat co. I would design a trailer that automatically latched the boat. You may have to pay a patent fee to Drotto, or make just different enough. Either way it's very clever and handy device. Especially for ramps where you need either knee boots or have to get you feet we. Not such a big deal in the summer, but now, no one wants wet feet.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought for the most part everyone was pretty polite. Nothing really unsafe.

I totally agree with this. I was one of the boats fishing right in front of the ramp at Hazelton and I found all of my interactions with people at the ramp and on the water to be pleasant.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went north to get out of the crowds. First boat at the ramp at 7:30. I fished around maybe four total boats until I ventured back to town. And yes, it sparkles, I have a loan on it, the wife thinks I'm stupid, people have said "must be nice" right to my face and I still don't really care. I have a boat that'll get me home safely and look good while doing it. My price per walleye definitely went through the roof.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
After this corona debacle we might all just be happy to get some shore fishing in next year!

Boy oh boy, this is a fact.

A few years ago, when the Missouri was high in Bismarck, and they had no boat traffic here in Bismarck, I fished 100% as often as I normally would have. The shore fishing that fall was fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

I went north to get out of the crowds. First boat at the ramp at 7:30. I fished around maybe four total boats until I ventured back to town. And yes, it sparkles, I have a loan on it, the wife thinks I'm stupid, people have said "must be nice" right to my face and I still don't really care. I have a boat that'll get me home safely and look good while doing it. My price per walleye definitely went through the roof.

If any of us were honest, it's always cheaper to just buy the darned walleye at the store. Gas alone, means catching it ourselves makes it more expensive. Then, factor in the times we don't catch, or catch and release...

It does taste better though, when we catch it ourself.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member

For the record, I don’t seriously make fun of people with sparklers. Everyone has to spend their fun coupons somewhere, and I prefer big game tags and more hunts. I don’t know anyone’s financial situation but my own.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m not judgmental but I only like people with sparkles on their boats!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
For the record, I don’t seriously make fun of people with sparklers. Everyone has to spend their fun coupons somewhere.

Same here , There is a price to pay for buying and owning used old boats and it can get spendy in a hurry. I'm lucky that I have the time and tools and the online resources to keep my old stuff tuned up and running and I like the challenge. If I was busy making a decent living with no extra time to tinker with mechanical issues I'd probably own a new sparkly boat too.

- - - Updated - - -

I've always made it back to the ramp n my own power but I had to do it the hard way a couple of times. Kickers are golden for that.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sparkling boats are awesome, not saying they aren’t. Just like white rimmed sunglasses and monster stickers.

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It’s the man in the boat that makes the boat, not the boat that makes the man !

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Every-time a thread like this comes up, it always delves into the whole money thing. I guess I just don’t understand why people care so much about others, if they have money, if they financed it for 5 years or 30 years, what they all have, or how they use it. I say, to each there own. If they want to finance a 100k sparkly boat for 20 years, so be it. It’s not a choice I’d make but that’s why we all have choices. Those in the used market should be damn glad there guys buying them new because the used market might get pretty slim and more expensive if there’s less people buying new. And a 100k worth of boat, camper, truck is nothing. That’s a bunch of 5-10 year old equipment and not even the top of the line, lots of setups in the $200k to $250k range. I do find it funny all the hubbub about people with this stuff but never a word about the person that paid $200-$400k for an cabin. And that’s a “cabin” that still needs a bunch of work!

Now the fact is, whether it’s a $3k boat or a $120k boat, if the guy behind the wheel is a hosenozzel, well then you’ll hear me bitch about it.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every-time a thread like this comes up, it always delves into the whole money thing. I guess I just don’t understand why people care so much about others, if they have money, if they financed it for 5 years or 30 years, what they all have, or how they use it. I say, to each there own. If they want to finance a 100k sparkly boat for 20 years, so be it. It’s not a choice I’d make but that’s why we all have choices. Those in the used market should be damn glad there guys buying them new because the used market might get pretty slim and more expensive if there’s less people buying new. And a 100k worth of boat, camper, truck is nothing. That’s a bunch of 5-10 year old equipment and not even the top of the line, lots of setups in the $200k to $250k range. I do find it funny all the hubbub about people with this stuff but never a word about the person that paid $200-$400k for an cabin. And that’s a “cabin” that still needs a bunch of work!

Now the fact is, whether it’s a $3k boat or a $120k boat, if the guy behind the wheel is a hosenozzel, well then you’ll hear me bitch about it.

I suspect old fashion jealousy but there is also this... Is the person living large, be it a sparkly boat or a mansion obtaining their "things" in a prudent fashion.

for example. Does Joe with his shiny boat, new truck, and 1000 a week beer habit have his retirement fully funded? is he on the government tit? Sometimes other peoples wealth comes at the expense of others....

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sparkly boats are big and safe and dependable. But for the river I would love an older river boat for sure, but the majority of my time is spent on mid Sak. Just sold my 12 year old sparkly for a newer 6 yr old model.
Would I buy a brand new one? Not a chance in hell, but if you know what your doing when shopping for a used one you can even make money on the things pretty easy after using them a couple years.
Case in point, buddy was looking for something in that 30K range a couple weeks ago. I found him a big sparkly 2190 skeeter, 300 Yamaha "110 hours" with digital controls "3500 extra" atlas jackplate 12" and 9" graphs and an ulterra for 39K the guy had the purchase sticker laminated in the glove box total was $92,500..uffda talk about taking it in the shorts!
Then there are boats like the 2006-07 skeeter wx1880 "great all around boat", those boats sold brand new for $26,999 they sell all the time right now on walleye central for 27k its nuts!
But yea I see the guys with the new diesel platinum Denali High Country King Ranch Longhorn trucks "because God forbid you were seen in a regular leather seat model", giant 5th wheel with 5 slide outs and a new 21 ft 350-400hp sparkly behind it and think 70k+70K+100K, man can't I wait till those are a couple years old..:;:thumbsup

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Lots of hose nozzles and everywhere they are ! Be interesting to see traffic with all the state parks closed till May31

- - - Updated - - -

Sparkly boats are big and safe and dependable. But for the river I would love an older river boat for sure, but the majority of my time is spent on mid Sak. Just sold my 12 year old sparkly for a newer 6 yr old model.
Would I buy a brand new one? Not a chance in hell, but if you know what your doing when shopping for a used one you can even make money on the things pretty easy after using them a couple years.
Case in point, buddy was looking for something in that 30K range a couple weeks ago. I found him a big sparkly 2190 skeeter, 300 Yamaha "110 hours" with digital controls "3500 extra" atlas jackplate 12" and 9" graphs and an ulterra for 39K the guy had the purchase sticker laminated in the glove box total was $92,500..uffda talk about taking it in the shorts!
Then there are boats like the 2006-07 skeeter wx1880 "great all around boat", those boats sold brand new for $26,999 they sell all the time right now on walleye central for 27k its nuts!
But yea I see the guys with the new diesel platinum Denali High Country King Ranch Longhorn trucks "because God forbid you were seen in a regular leather seat model", giant 5th wheel with 5 slide outs and a new 21 ft 350-400hp sparkly behind it and think 70k+70K+100K, man can't I wait till those are a couple years old..:;:thumbsup

Exactly!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

And why haven't we seen pics? At least in the sparkly boat maffia group!!

Founding Member
Founding Member
And why haven't we seen pics? At least in the sparkly boat maffia group!!

Oh its a dandy, beautiful colors..and SHO yamaha powered to boot! I really really like Dirty's new boat, one of the sharpest ones on the water! :;:thumbsup
20200228_152405.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93