Anyone Crawler Hunting?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the rain the last 2 days, they should be out tonight!!

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went to run the slide out in on the camper last night around 11 and decided to check the yard, 20 minutes later i had 30-40 crawlers, bucketed up. didn't realize how much i was out of practice but after ripping 3 or 4 and losing a couple i got back into the swing of crawler picking nabbing doubles etc. I was going to make thte kids a deal .50/dozen i will pay them, but after doing it last night, i am getting my beer helmet putting on my red head lamp and going to make the neighbors wonder what the hell i am doing a few times this year.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually grab and pull quick, if you get into a tug of war, you cause internal damage often and they end up injured, even if they dont rip and will die days or weeks later. If I pull quick and they rip, toss it away for the birds and grab another. Maybe not real 'sporting' of me, but it works.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
going to get to it. I'm wondering what people use for bedding and how much water in the bedding. I use the shredded paper with the water content so that when u give it a little squeeze water drips and it doesn't stick to the crawler.

I grew up in Bismarck and the only place u could get crawlers was custer park back in the day. It seems like now you see them all over.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are all over in bismarck. Best advice I have for people is to try to find them near a busy road. Those crawlers are used to the vibration on the ground from cars passing and also the light from headlights, etc. They will stay up much better than ones you find in dark secluded areas.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74