Applicators license

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you need an applicators license to commercially spray herbicides? There’s a guy in my town that sprays yards and you can smell it from 3 blocks away, it’s completely out of hand.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you need an applicators license to commercially spray herbicides? There’s a guy in my town that sprays yards and you can smell it from 3 blocks away, it’s completely out of hand.
Yes sir. Anyone getting paid to spray weeds in ND must possess a commercial applicator license. From the century code:

4.1-33-07. Commercial and public applicator's certification.
1. A commercial or public applicator may not purchase, use, or supervise the use of a
pesticide without first complying with the certification standards and requirements of
this chapter, or other restrictions as may be determined by the board.
2. An individual may be certified as a commercial or public applicator within a
classification if the individual successfully completes an examination for the
classification as prescribed by the board and administered by the North Dakota state
university extension service or the service's designee. An application for certification
must be on a form prescribed by the board and accompanied by a reasonable
examination fee set by the board

garden

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes sir. Anyone getting paid to spray weeds in ND must possess a commercial applicator license. From the century code:

4.1-33-07. Commercial and public applicator's certification.
1. A commercial or public applicator may not purchase, use, or supervise the use of a
pesticide without first complying with the certification standards and requirements of
this chapter, or other restrictions as may be determined by the board.
2. An individual may be certified as a commercial or public applicator within a
classification if the individual successfully completes an examination for the
classification as prescribed by the board and administered by the North Dakota state
university extension service or the service's designee. An application for certification
must be on a form prescribed by the board and accompanied by a reasonable
examination fee set by the board
I believe that spraying on any property that a person does not own or rent, they must to certified. Call the ND Dept of Ag in Bismarck and ask to speak with the person in charge of pesticide inspectors. They will go check this person out to see if they are certified.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are private and commercial applicator licenses. Contact the State of North Dakota Department of Ag. They are the pesticide regulators.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's an open book test to pass and receive an applicator liscence. Not saying it's easy but anyone that can read along and answer question from the provided book/chemical label should be able to pass. So it's not like it's a super difficult thing to obtain. He'll half the time the county agent supervising the test will give you the answer if your struggling

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's an open book test to pass and receive an applicator liscence. Not saying it's easy but anyone that can read along and answer question from the provided book/chemical label should be able to pass. So it's not like it's a super difficult thing to obtain. He'll half the time the county agent supervising the test will give you the answer if your struggling
I know a few guys that have them in SD who may not be able to tie their shoes. Same type of testing. So having the license doesn’t mean much. I did my private applicator test online in about an hour on my phone drinking beer and ignoring the in-laws lol. Christmas fun!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesn’t matter if he’s spraying skeeters

If it’s someone else’s yard he still needs a license.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am sure the spray was approved by some 3 letter agency so it's fine.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
So the guy may or may not have a license,--you don't know,-- hasn't killed anything he wasn't supposed to by what you posted, but you want to cause him a pita because of the smell that will go away in a day?

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
So the guy may or may not have a license,--you don't know,-- hasn't killed anything he wasn't supposed to by what you posted, but you want to cause him a pita because of the smell that will go away in a day?
I mean unless he’s spraying Lycans concoction of dead carp is a barrel rhis seems a little dare I say Karen-ish

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Curtail was made to control Canada Thistle. No certification needed.

Many broadleaf herbicides will burn or temporally discolor grasses. Curtail doesn't.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I could be wrong here, but I am pretty sure no herbicide is labeled as safe for inhalation.

If you're smelling, you're inhaling. Just saying.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 13
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6